Misc. parts for sale or trade for B&S tank

zeeman

Sears Tank, black plastic tank, and shocks are sold. Hope to ship Wed. Thanks guys!

Seat, pipe, and fender spoken for. Thanks.

Not that any one cares.......I just did a google search and found what bike that red tank I just bought belonged too.

It's soo cute! at only 106cc it must have been a screamer:doah: Do you think it could even attain highways speeds??

Last edited:

zeeman

Yes! Now that's what I'm talking about! If I had known the tank was from such a finely built rare motorcycle, I would not have sold the tank so cheap. What do you plan on putting the tank on? I'm hunting for a box to ship it in.

Yes! Now that's what I'm talking about! If I had known the tank was from such a finely built rare motorcycle, I would not have sold the tank so cheap. What do you plan on putting the tank on? I'm hunting for a box to ship it in.
Finely built...rare:laugh: I think it hilarious sears even made a motorcycle, it must have been up to doodlebug Q/D standards....even for 1965:eek:ut:

I plan on incorporating it, into my super secret MB165 make over....Oh #$%^#$% you know the secret, I MUST kill you now:death:

zeeman

All parts that were paid for using paypal were mailed today. Muffler, fender, pipe are sold.
Godfather, I tried to PM you, but your box is full.
OwenD, I will do my best to send your parts Sat. If not, Monday at the latest.
Thanks everyone.

It was probably one of those Italian jobbies similar to the ones Harley Davidson sold back then. Just guessing.
Probably a Gilera motorcycle called Allstate and sold by Sears. Italian built but Puch built some of the Sears "motorcycles" in Austria, they were better bikes IMO.:thumbsup:

zeeman

I remember when Sears had motorcycles in the big book. I was not very into them, because there were more cool things out there like Triumph Bonnevilles, Hodakas, and stuff like that.

"zeeman" When I was at Ft. Bragg in the late '70s, I remember brand new Hodakas selling for $499.00. I should have bought one, but that was a lot of money back then and I could see a Harley in my future, I just had to wait and save $. Then I got married, my wife got pregnant, and my Harley found a new owner. I wish I still had it, I could finish my present HD project. Oh well:smile:. Tim.

zeeman

Hey Red, I know what you are talking about. I bought brand new Hondas for 3-8 hundred dollars. Not big cc bikes, but 50cc-125's. It kills me to see those old ads in Popular Mechanics etc. where new mini bikes are 69.98 and 129.50. What if we had just spent our money buying new minis instead of 33's and 45's and other stuff. I'd like to hear bout your H-D project. I washed mine today, and now she's purdy again.

I'll one up your "hind sight". What if we had bought all the Hemi powered muscle cars we could get our hands on back in the 70's and 80's, b/4 prices went crazy? Just one really nice, unrestored, numbers matching Hemi Cuda Convertible sold at Mecum aution would set me up for life. And, when I was a kid, chomping at the bit in the worst way for a minibike, I remember an ad for $49.99. Don't recall what kind. Didn't matter. It was a minibike for $49.99 plus shipping. I probably took 2 years off my parents life worrying them about that one :smile:. I'd love to have a 70's 175cc or 350cc Honda to buzz around on. I have an '80 CM400 I'm going to cut up and build a little rigid bobber out of. With 2 titanium prosthetic devices in my lower spine, I really need another rigid project to ride :laugh:. Now, my HD project is in need of a donor bike. That would give me the engine and a few incidentals that I'm missing. I've changed my mind about running my Sportster tank. I think I'll go with a Mustang style. That 12" over Wide Glide front end looks too wide against that small tank. Tim.

zeeman

Cool, not about your spine, but the Harley. You're right about the muscle cars. Maybe a Yenko Camaro. I could be living off that money too. Let me know what you might need, and I'll keep an eye out up here in north GA. I gotta go start on my next project. Seems I can't finish anything.

I mentioned the Hemi's, but I bleed Chevrolet orange. Novas, Corvette, Camaros- it's all good. I'm gonna' use a Sportster motor on my project. The frame is a rigid from the 60's and actually for Triumph. I want it to be Harley, so I'll build it that way. Rigth now I need the $$ to spend on the donor bike. I'll keep you in the loop on my search for parts. Thank you! I can't finish anything either. I cleaned my Honda Spree carb to rebuild it yesterday and found a stripped bolt hole. Helicoil set, 6Mx.1- $40.00. OUCH. Oh well, it's not a "one time only" tool. Tim.

zeeman

Nova's, don't get me started. My ex wife sold two of mine. One was a '65 SS. All I have left are trim parts and a few grills etc. I like the box Novas.

I'm a '68 thru '72 Nova fan. Novas and Corvettes are my 2 favorites. I've had 3 Corvettes (1- '68 and 2- '69s) and 2- Novas. Pics are in my photo albums on here. Still have my '72 Nova. If someone gave me a brand new Ferrari or Lamborghini, that would just be something I could sell and use money to buy more Novas and Corvettes. Right now, I'm torn between the '82 Corvette and '74/'75 Corvette Convertible. Don't know which I'd rather have. My mind changes frequently. A friend has an '86. I was stuck on that body style for a while. My wife says I can't have another one because I can't get in and out too good. If I do get one, I'd better hurry, because the day will come that I can't get in and out of one at all :sad:. That's life, I can live with it. :smile: Tim.