Monkey Wards Mini????

Okay....it has a foot brake, and 5 inch tires. I put the seat on from another mini. Looks like a standard edger briggs 2.5 replacement, but it has a tank brace and front of block says Montgomery Ward, Dependable.
????

A six inch wheel tire as stated in the ad, can't fit because of the scrub brake, could this be a different model cat? also this one has a small tab, (visible in my pic) on the rear left side of the frame, as if for a rear chaingaurd bolt?

I will double, triple check the tire size when the sun comes up in an hour. I am pretty sure they are 5 though, cause I need a set of 6' inchers for another mini and was let down when I saw five on the tire.

As far as I know Cat minibikes all used 6 inch wheels. Check out the rest of these brochures and you will see. That tab is probably for a chain gaurd. Your bike is basically a Cat 250X but it's possible it's a later year version or JC Penneys version.

Cat Brochures

They are definately 6 inch wheels. I zoomed in on your photo and the front tire is a 13 x 5.00 - 6. The 6 is the size of the rim.

Last edited:

markus

while its made by cat, its a JC penney mini bike, not a 250X, thats why it has the solid fork plate and the tab for the extended chainguard:

That was a good deal BTW I saw that on craigs for like 80 clams :thumbsup:

Your right they are six inchers, (13X5X6), I guess I looked at the 2nd number. But now that I know what it is, I can't strip it, and will have to restore it. Curses foiled again!!!

It was $80, two 12 year old kids selling it, was gonna talk em down, but paid em thier $80. Engine was missing 4 head bolts, and they had fabricated a pull cord. But mister it started yesterday. They even loaded it for the old man. Guess thier gonna to buy the latest vid game next.