more fat tire Suzuki's!

markus

After work the other night I did the usual browsing of craigslist in the surrounding areas and came across 2 Suzuki RV bikes for sale. Well one is a '72 rv90 (which I already have) and the other is a '73 rv 125. both bikes included in the price, said they were running 6 months ago yada yada yada...

Well All I cared about was the rear rack and taillight assy on the 90 more than anything (the price of both bikes was cheaper than what I would pay for those 2 parts on ebay) so I called, he still had them I said I would be up in a couple hours.

We jumped in the sanford and son VW pickup and made the 75 mile trek (at 60mph-I need a bigger motor in that truck!!!!) Guy was right, they were both running, they just lost interest. Bikes are in not too terrible shape, he even gave me an NOS in the wrapper Bridgestone tire (that alone cost about the price of what I paid for the bikes!!!!!)

Just got around to playing with them briefly. the 90 fired right up with some gas, could probably use a carb clean out, but I was cruising the neighborhood and made it home under power :thumbsup: The 125 has this CRAZY ghetto ignition system that I am not really sure why they did it just yet. They took a 12v ignition coil for automobile use, and overrode all the original ignition. They strapped 12v battery to the rear rack and put some toggles in for ignition. at first I figured it never flew as it had no spark. I had power so I decided to file and adjust the points, walla spark! I hosed some carb clean in the carb and it kicked off and ran off it. I gotta pull the carb on this one, I pulled the fuel line and it was nasty fuel coming out and the petcock was open. Should be interesting if it runs decent off this custom ignition, Its a dual plug head, but they only have it running off one plug.

I really wish the 125 was more correct, I have to say this bike kicks the 90's ass hands down in build and setup etc...

markus

Those rv125's are awsome i know a guy who has 3 of them
rode that bitch tonight, and your right, they are pretty friggin' awesome:thumbsup: I took the carb off and chipped the crusted fuel out of the float needle cleaned it up a bit and reinstalled. Fired right up rode it for about a half hour. clutch is a little slippy in the higher gears but still usable ( I honestly did not even check the oil level or condition of the gearcase though yet :doah:) Definitely a totally different beast than the 90.
gonna go over it real well and see if what if any other parts will be useable for the RV90 ( I already swapped the seats out) and send it down the line. Unless I can stuff that engine into on of the minis:hack:

I have a 73 rv 125 sitting in my back yard right now. It used to run pretty dang good. Mine is in yellow and it is pretty cool. Some how it lost its spark so i just stopped everything with it :sadcrying4:

markus

I have a 73 rv 125 sitting in my back yard right now. It used to run pretty dang good. Mine is in yellow and it is pretty cool. Some how it lost its spark so i just stopped everything with it :sadcrying4:
file/sand and reset them points! If its not that then maybe these thigns have some sort of typical failure in the mag or coilpack??? does your bike have 2 coils or 1 with two wires?