Motorcycle Project in Ghana

Hello, my name is Luke and I recently joined this forum just to get advice and share ideas with a couple other members. I'm pretty young and I'm working on a motorcycle project for school that has to be completed by March 3rd. Everything's going okay, but living in Ghana (Africa) some parts are harder to find than others. Mainly because Ghana is a Less Economically Developed Country.

My mini bike isn't that mini; its more like a mini chopper and I'm using a 6.5 Honda clone engine with a centrifugal clutch installed on. Currently I'm using wheelbarrow wheels and a free-floating axle with the sprocket directly attached to the rear tire. I'm working on the whole thing with a few welder guys and I hope to be able to start riding it pretty soon. I'd appreciate any feedback or tips on ANYTHING. Thanks. :scooter:

Sure I'll post some by this Sunday because so far, all I've got done is the frame but one Friday and Saturday I'm finishing welding the frame and mounting the wheels to the axle and doing some final stuff. Thanks for the support.

This is a really newbie question but how do I post a thread? I can't find the link to do it...:confused:

I'd like to see some pictures of this, it sounds interesting.

If you get your hands on an old lawn tractor it should have good parts that can help you out.

The front wheels should have decent bearings in them (some do use bushings which you dont want) and should be a 3/4" axle which is what the trans axle should have and you can use that for good solid axles.You have to take the transaxle apart and modify the axle but it should be workable.

If you use a jackshaft then you might be able to put the tractor disc brake and caliper right on the jackshaft.

Yeah I have been reading the various posts you've made but it would really have been better to start a "project thread" and keep it all in there.

PICTURES PICTURES PICTURES