motovox gearing help

Hello all,

First post so apologies for the elementary question. Stationed in Italy, bought a Stock Motovox for my 12 yr old son. He liked it but quickly grew bored with it. Got a Predator motor and livened it up so much, he's scared of it now which is counter productive. I have 11t, 12t, and 13t front sprockets while still running the stock rear (73 or 74t maybe).
The problem is, this thing wheelies on every takeoff with him aboard so I've got to gear it so it won't do that anymore. What gear ratio would help and where do I find that part? From what I've read, the doodlebug parts might fit but I'm not certain. Thanks for any assistance you could provide.

T

Hi..Put a throttle lever stop..i would take a small metal tab and secure it behind the throttle lever onto the plate so it would limit the travel..example.. secured 2/3 wide open tab >__|•|____< lever travel

Thank you for the suggestion but I'd rather gear it differently.
The 13 will calm it down some and definitely a 14 will. The 212 on a Motovox with 12/74 gearing will wheelie no matter how you set the governor. The problem is that when you give it the throttle it goes wide open till the governor kicks in and kids don't know how to feather the throttle.

It's just higher gearing = more top speed...how fast you want him to go? That is the only reason i sugested that.... Yeah a 14 will do it..i really suggest combo 13t and a throttle stop..he may burn clutch with too high gear if he goes slow

Last edited: