Mountain Bike mini/scooter

Hi, I took apart my mountain bike and here is what I have so far.

For the front wheel to fit, I placed bottom of forks in vice and added extension pieces.

I have a 43 cc I'm mounting on the back.
Can anyone give me advice mounting this type of engine such as sprocket size etc...?

Does anyone know of a cheap device to remove the cranck arms?

Thanks

vette66_00

Crank arms should come off with a bit of tapping around the outer edge. The nut in the center should be a 15mm. Hmmm I know its mm but could be 14mm also.

You will have to figure out how to mount it. There is no set way to do this. I would (if I was doing this project) use a couple pieces of flat bar to figure out where I wanted it to be, tac weld it and the reinforce from there. I would say it would be much like a Pocket Bike (opps I said a bad word) 9,10,11,12 up front and a 60, 61, 62....ect out back these are of course are 25 pitch chain.

Last edited:

125ccCrazy

Depending on what eng you have and the sprocket on it you could have #25 chain, 8mm chain or bicycle chain... If the engine is off of a micro pocket bike then it's prob #25, if it's off of a larger pb then it can be 8mm or bike chain...

Mounting will be a custom job, you'll need metal cutting saw(s) of some sort, welder, a straight edge to line the sprockets up....