MTD Trail flite

Bump. Any torque converter covers out there? Also still needing a rear fender and gas tank. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using OldMiniBikes

Thanks I appreciate that. I'll definitely have to have a look. It's kind of weird but I ended up with a frame and front end to one of these today. I saw it at a local swap meet and passed on it and someone bought it and offered to trade it on my minibike club for an old frame I had laying around. So now I have a better front fender but still wanting the rear.

Sent from my iPhone using OldMiniBikes mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Hi Dan, would you know where I could get a new tank for a MTD Trail Flite? Thanks! I have an orange one like yours.
John
No I don't but I can give you a contact who MIGHT have one or know of one. Try Frank at Old School Minibikes in Redford, Michigan.
Their phone number is (734) 522-5633.
Hours:
Monday - Friday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Saturday 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Eastern Time
That is the place where I bought the fenders I linked to above. Frank has a back room Full of old minibike parts :)
Danford1

Last edited:
Hi Dan, Do you still have this bike? Would you please post some pics of the front brake set up? Thanks!
No I don't have either of them anymore, I sold them.
I found and old picture and blew it up and cropped it. Does this help?
I "May" have a few front suspension parts from a parts bike I bought a while ago. I can look to see if there is anything I can take pictures of.
Danford1

Thank you Dan! The picture did help. My bike as purchased had the the shock bolts going through the holes closest to the orange forks. I thought by looking at your original picture that my setup was incorrect, and after replacing the front tire (due to dry rot), I was not sure if my setup was correct.

Hi Hangerbrat,
I did not get an original tank. What I ended up doing was getting a round one off of ebay, and using hose clamps to secure to the frame. I also sandwhiched silicon rubber between the tank, frame and clamps to avoid damaging the finish on the tank and frame.

Thank you Dan! The picture did help. My bike as purchased had the the shock bolts going through the holes closest to the orange forks. I thought by looking at your original picture that my setup was incorrect, and after replacing the front tire (due to dry rot), I was not sure if my setup was correct.
You are Welcome :)
Danford1