Murray Track 2 engine upgrade?

Hi all. I am new to the forum and just discoverd it. What a great source for info on minibikes and go-karts. A few years a go I purchased a used Murray Track 2 minibike. It needed a pull start, new plug, filter, oil drain and some cleaning. After sourcing all of the parts, the bike started right up. But only for one day. I brought the bike to a local tuner and he rebuilt the carb for me. Apparently it needed a float. She ran great after that all summer. She was stored for the winter in my garage with some fuel stabilizer. The other day I took it out, sprayed the linkage with a little WD-40, put in some fresh gas and it started right up. I drove it around all day with my daughter and we had a blast. Today, I got it started but it died when I pulled the throttle to get out of the driveway. I wasn't able to get it started again after that. I thought I may have flooded the carb so I opened it up and let the gas out and let it sit for a while. It still won't start. I may decide to have the engine looked at again, but I was considering a larger engine. This is the 3.5 hp. What other motors will drop right in with a few more ponies? I am handy with my cars, but these little bikes drive me crazy sometimes, especially these small carbs. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Brian

Harbor freight 6.5hp Honda clone will fit pretty easily. I did it to mine.
I have a post started already if you want more info, My Murray bike. I think is the thread.

Wow that Honda motor looks nice in there. I tried to see if I could disassemble the carb, but I was having a hard time removing the little fuel hose that goes to it and didn't want to put a hole in it. I will see if I can get it off this weekend. Thanks for the tips.

so whats the verdict on the motor upgrade for the murray mini bike i'm in the same boat?
Welcome to the forum Hardtimer, nice to see another Ct guy here. This thread is a month old and the guy who started it hasnt been logged on since. Try reading this thread http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/project-logs/34365-started-my-murray-projects-new-post.html it should be helpful and this thread has a 20% off coupon for a Harbor Freight motor http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/h...untill-12-31-2010-yep-december-31-2010-a.html
Hope this helps
Randy

Ive had 3 after market engines in my Murray and I have to say they all fit very well with ample room except for one detail....

1. 5 horse Briggs and Stratton flatty => fit very well with stock tank and carb and I had enough room to switch to a remote tank and carb at a later date*stock Tecumseh style* also the stock exhaust fit well and I had enough room to make a custom header.

2. GX2oo or *clones* They fit well with no issues to report Though i never had the stock exhaust so I cant tell you if it got in the way of the frame...plenty of guys have done it ask them, i went with a custom header.

3. Briggs and Stratton 6 horse Vanguard => This engine is big *gobs of torque btw* I wanted to use the stock exhaust cause it sounded sweeeet! but it really got in the way of the frame.....so I had to weld a header for this one two, which worked out better cause I my new header made the engine sound nice with a deep throaty tone, Witch was completely by accident cause I was just gonna weld a muffler on the end lol:laugh: any way...this engine is a bit big but aside from the muffler it fits well and fills the frame nicely

I hope the was of some help....