My Friends Mini Bike I'm Restoring

Great info markus. Thanks a lot. I was actually going to try to assemble them before I made the spring compressor. Now I don't have to think about it. The plastic tubes crumbled when I touched them. Are they available? If not, I'll see about maybe making some out of PVC.

markus

Great info markus. Thanks a lot. I was actually going to try to assemble them before I made the spring compressor. Now I don't have to think about it. The plastic tubes crumbled when I touched them. Are they available? If not, I'll see about maybe making some out of PVC.
there is someone that offers something on ebay for them, I don't know what they made them out and how they fit as I have never used them. They are the full dustcover bigger spring style like you have......that guy should offer the lower smaller ones by themselves too as they are the same as the smaller spring single dustcover sets. Search "sebac rupp" and they should pull up.

there is someone that offers something on ebay for them, I don't know what they made them out and how they fit as I have never used them. They are the full dustcover bigger spring style like you have......that guy should offer the lower smaller ones by themselves too as they are the same as the smaller spring single dustcover sets. Search "sebac rupp" and they should pull up.
More good info from markus. I checked ebay and I think I'll try to make my own. I have good broken samples I can copy. I'll let you know how it goes. I like the way he uses a calk gun to compress the shocks.

markus

More good info from markus. I checked ebay and I think I'll try to make my own. I have good broken samples I can copy. I'll let you know how it goes. I like the way he uses a calk gun to compress the shocks.
Yea thats how I do the Betor shocks that the 1970 up Rupps used, I modded a large caulk gun for them. Really don't need it on this version of Sebacs.

The wheels that came with this mini bike cleaned up nicely. I was told the Bonanza kidney bean wheel is very desirable and I'll be listing both in the General Classified section. I would like to trade for 2 matching 6'' aluminum wheels in good condition. DSCN8631.JPG DSCN8630.JPG

The exploded view is provided by Black Widow Motorsports.
Another person was selling new swing arms with the pivot bar.

"NEW UNUSED swing arm for ALL 69 Rupp models using swing arms. Models include : Roadster, Goat, Scrambler, Digger, Sprint. Bushing NOT included! Fix that troublesome stuck swing arm. Most bushings are so seized they can not be removed and this is your fix!"

I'm going to drill it out and make my own with a groove machined into it that lines up with an added grease fitting. I post photos if I'm successful. Worse case is I'll need to replace the entire front tube, which may be easier than drilling, but I gotta try.

I made the axle shaft this morning. Clearanced it all but about an inch and a half on the ends and some extra in the middle for the zerk fitting. Once I find my box of zerks, I'll know what size to thread the hole in the swing arm. DSCN8635.JPG DSCN8636.JPG

Today I made some dust covers for my shocks out of PVC pipe and they went together nicely just like markus said. Although I forgot to ask if I should grease the rod. Also installed the zerk to lube my swing arm axle. DSCN8637.JPG DSCN8638.JPG DSCN8639.JPG

Excellent work. I guess I also learned something new today, had no idea the swingarm had a separate inner bushing.
I learned it also and that most are rusted solid. I guess it doesn't hurt to pivot on the bolts for a while, but I wanted to improve on it. I don't think it was a good design without some clearance and a way to grease it. I appreciate you input.