My latest "mini bike".....

MikeBear

Ok, technically it's a mini-motorcycle, but it's joined my herd! Just got it yesterday.

1974 Suzuki RV90 2-stroke. 1200 miles on the clock. Low pressure (11lbs) fat atv style tires 21x7x10. Should be real good on the back. Street legal also. Needs some rust cleaned off, new battery, carb cleaning, stitch up the seat in the rear left corner and such, but otherwise isn't in too bad a shape.

MikeBear

flippin sweet, have you taken it off any sweet jumps?
Nope, haven't even had time yet. Only got home with it last night just before 8pm. Tried to get a title today, and the Secretary of States computer system was down state-wide! :doah: So, I have to go back tomorrow to get that taken care of. Then, it needs a good carb cleaning. He's got some old gas in there, and it's a little varnished up. It has a Mikuni VM17 carb!

I can't wait to get this up and running completely! I feel like a 7 year old, and it's 3 am Christmas morning.... :laugh:

Wow. Thats figgin badass. I have a new item on the wishlist. There are so many bikes you just don't see anywhere else than on this forum. How many people even knew that jewell existed? Very cool.

MikeBear

Nice find; Now look for a Honda Fat Cat to race ; you will win!
I considered a Fat Cat for about 5 minutes, but I think the Suzy is better! Fat Cat's aren't street legal either, so that's another strike against them.

I've got a 1972 RV90 "almost" roller (no engine, missing some covers, and I had to buy a rear axle) also that I bought about 2 months ago, (needs a few things). I was thinking about installing a Piranha 140cc 4 stroke engine into that.

That can wait a bit for now, now that I have this little gem to play with.

http://www.2strokeworld.com/rvwiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

Last edited:

MikeBear

Ok, I have this bike up and running, and almost tweaked in. It's probably around 97% there with the engine adjustment stuff. I still have to do a tad more work on it, but I just took it around the neighborhood a couple times, and after tweaking the carb air screw a little, I peaked out around 42mph. I need a little more straight away, as I think it'll go at least 50 as is. It's a little strange driving with those big, soft tires, so I'm being real careful right now.

I'm going to swap out the rear sprocket from a 47 tooth, to a 44 tooth. That should keep me up there without winding out the motor quite so much.

Now, I have to finish up going through the electrical, and getting the popped light bulbs replaced and such. Then, it's rust removal time, and a little painting here and there.