My WC-1 Whizzer

I picked this up in December of 2011. It had been sitting for a long time.

It is a WC-1. It has an NE-5 head that has been worked, cast iron cylinder, mild cam, custom made exhaust baffle and 22mm carb.

It will pull my big but well over 50mph. At that point, I let off Bicycle tires and a coaster brake just don't seem like a great idea.LOL

The first thing I changed were the grips. These are from Nirve, I really like the feel of them and the wood grain is just cool.

Clutch cover installed. I had to clearance it to clear the tensioner.

Added some pin stripes to the fenders.

And here is a shot of how it sits today. I changed out the stem to bring the bars down some, installed a shortened set of Dyno bars, the seat is also from Dyno. The fenders were removed and put up. It was more of a safety thing than anything else. The last thing you want is a fender between your tire and the road.

This past summer I put over a 1000 miles on it just cruising, going nowhere in particular.

I almost sold it to buy a Black Widow. I am glad I didn't. I want both!

WrenchDad

I've seen those before but how do they work ? is it just a regular bike until you fire the motor? Ball park figure ,what's the price range of something like that?

The Whizzers were originally available in kit form in the late '40 and were later sold as complete bikes and kits. This bike is a '99 in '98 the owners of the Whizzer company tried to revive the brand. They were manufactured in Taiwan and sold here. There were issues with over heating with the new design, which led to the NE-5 model. They continued to make them until around 2005-8? Newer models go for about $1000-$2000 range and the classics start around $2500 up. My bike has a VIN and is technically classified as a motorcycle.

To start the Whizzer, I pull the clutch lever and bring the left pedal to the top. Release the clutch, hit the compression release and give it a "kick" on the pedal. While doing this I release the compression release and she roars to life. Then just pull in the clutch lever, put the kickstand up, get on and go!

There are kits out there to put a two stroke motor or a small four stroke, but they leave a lot to be desired. The motors are questionable at best and the hardware sold with the kits is borderline junk. But with all of that being said, if you do your homework and take your time you can build a nice motorized bicycle.

Here is a Felt 1903 that I did. When I did this one, I purchased a complete kit. By the time it was finished the only thing from the kit was the motor. The top tube was sealed and turned into a fuel tank.

I had a LOT of money in the Felt. It was fun, but it can't hold a candle to what the Whizzer can do.

If you have any specific questions about Whizzers or motored bicycles, shoot me a PM. I will help you anyway I can.