N.m.d.b.a.

stay tuned to Southern Mini Bike Racing and Mini Drag Bikes, Tampa, Florida for all the info on the National Mini Drag Bike Association, based out of florida, being put together by Gary Smith. He has several people putting their heads together to get some basic classes/rules in place for some races in 2014. he wants this to be a low cost type of racing, and some higher end stuff as well, but, LOW BUDGET is the main focus. As of now its the south and the north, with the midwest, east coast and west coast to follow, if anyone from those areas are interested, i will post any info i get right here:thumbsup:

heres a start

NATIONAL MINI BIKE RACING CLASSES
Proposed for 2014
Old school and New school CLASSES
SENIOR BOX STOCK… MAX TORQUE CLUTCH,GAS
“Yellow “ box stock clone 6.5 OHV & 212 Predator
………………………………………………………………………………….
SENIOR OHV 6.5….MODIFIED Disk Clutch, Gas
Yamaha, Honda ,Briggs Animal, Briggs 206, Clone, Predator
……………………………………………………………………………………
SENIOR FLAT HEAD Disk clutch or torque converter, fuel
All currently approved junior dragster motors
SENIOR OPEN
305 ,340,390,440 OHV . Twin inline 6.5 and twin flat head
…………………………………………………………………………………..
SENIOR TWO CYCLE…disk clutch, gas
Any 100cc Two Cycle..Piston Port, Reed ,Rotary Kart motor.
“NO” Electric power..Jet Engine..or Wankle power trains.

MINI DRAG BIKE FRAME SPECIFICATIONS

……………………………………………………………………………………………….
FRAME..Main frame rail shall be constructed of round tubing with a minimum of 7/8” and a maximum of 1&1/8” with a wall thickness of no less then .078.
Old school..represents designs similar to early style AZUSA. New school is new design custom built. STRETCHED FRAMES.
WHEEL BASE . Stock Senior /junior min of 35” wheelbase and a Max of 44” wheelbase measured from axle to axle bolt. All Senior modified and open will have a min wheelbase of 45” and a max wheelbase of 60”
BRAKES. Senior & Junior are required a Min of one disk, drum or band brake system.
POWER TRAIN SYSTEMS..No gear boxes of any kind. Senior stock classes are required Max Torque clutches. Disk clutches as well as jackshafts and torque converters are approved for Senior Modified and open classes.
WHEELS AND TIRES…. Senior BOX STOCK classes are required 6” wheels and tires similar to those used in Kart racing with a max height of 12” Senior Modified and Open may use up to 8” Douglas wheels.
RIDER SAFETY..Full Face Helmet, long pants and long sleeve shirt as well as a pair of gloves and a light jacket. Shoes are required. NO FLIP FLOPS. ………….Or as may be required by race track.

2014 NATIONAL MINI DRAG BIKE PROGRAM
………………………………………………………………..
ALL JUNIOR CLASSES WILL BE A “DIAL IN”
BRACKET RACE ALLOWING ANY CHILD BETWEEN THE AGES OF 13 TO 17 TO RACE COMPETETIVELY.
BOX STOCK YELLOW CLONE AND PREDATOR MAX TORQUE CLUTCH….GAS ONLY. .500 TREE
…………………………………………………………………..
SENIOR HEAVY AND LIGHT RUN HEADS UP. BASED ON RIDER WEIGHT FULLY DRESSED. 400 PRO TREE.
…………………………………………………………………………..
OPEN BRACKET….EVERYONE RUNS .500 TREE
………………………………

:laugh: I've actually ridden and raced against and beaten the current "minibike of the month" over on their site! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

chadillac

everyone who is anyone in the scene will be there! cmon chad get over here bud!!
I going to be there for sure. Got everything together just waiting on the motor now.. should be off the dyno by the end of the week if all goes as planned. Im just waiting now. My exaust is getting an O2 sensor bung and plug installed for the dyno testing. I had Porting & Polishing done. Fabricate oil baffle system for breather check valve system. The guy I had to build my motor is a retired custom engine builder for dart heads. He build some cool stuff. :thumbsup: