need direction

I got the kids a couple of doodle bug bikes for christmas, and they are having a blast on them. The motor is way to weak to carry me (225lb) up any kind of slope. I mentioned that I would like to put one together that I could play around with the kids on. A few days later my wife shows up with an Intek 206 5.5 with a 6 to 1 gear reduction box, that she got a good deal on. I figured I would just remove the box and put a centrifugal clutch on and go. When I pulled the box off, it has a splined shaft. Is there a clutch that would go on that type of shaft? Would it just be best to put the box back on? I know it would pull like crazy, but I want some speed too. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

You'll need to change the crank. There's no clutches for the splined shaft. The gear reduction wouldn't allow enough rpms to engage a clutch. A crank for that shouldn't be too hard to find.

I think your best bet is to sell the motor and get one with a typical 3/4" shaft. Landscapers use the motors with the 6:1 gear reduction units for all sorts of applications, nearly every aerator designed uses a 6:1 gear reduction, so you should be able to sell the motor easily.