Need help Finding a Good Carb

I'm looking for a fully adjustable carb that would work well on a 9hp Tecumseh engine.
I've modified the exhaust to improve flow, and will be fabbing an intake manifold, so I can build to fit the right carb.
Not planning any 'high performance' changes, just looking for a fairly inexpensive unit to optimize the engine.
What kind of suggestions do you guys have?

BTW, I'd rather not order directly from china.

You don't have to order directly from China, lots of US sellers sell Chinese clone carbs on eBay. Many of us have had good luck with them.
I know they sell carburetors here in the states.... I'm just trying to figure out which would be the best one (or ones) for my application.
Thought I'd just save some time by mentioning that I didn't want to go thru the hassle of buying one that I'd have to wait a month to get, just to save a couple bucks.

BTW, do you have one to recommend?

Last edited:
Most online sellers (including OldMiniBikes warehouse) will have it to your door in less than 5 days. Most of the generic clones online aren't sold as high performance, but can be very reliable, and can be tweaked if fully adjustable. I run one (out of the box) on a 5 horse Tecumseh and it runs great. It's all about how much cash you want to spend. Good luck in your search.