Need help to connect H50 throttle lever

Well, I picked up another one this week. This is an old Montgomery Ward/Gilson bike w/an old H50 Tecumseh. Does anyone know where I can get a diagram or picture of the throttle linkage? It is set up for a minibike, but there is something missing that connects the throttle "boomerang" to the rest of the linkage. I don't see a logical way to connect it with what I see on the engine and am wondering if something else is missing??

View attachment 7839

View attachment 7840

That is a minibike engine! Does it have some extra wires coming out? It might have a lighting coil in it. It looks like it all there other then one bar. I might have a pic somewhere. Let me look. BTW good find!

Josh

This on is a little buggered but maybe it would help. Is there a 3 wired plud sticking out of the engine like this one? Do you want to sell it?

View attachment 7891

View attachment 7892

View attachment 7893 View attachment 7891
This on is a little buggered but maybe it would help. Is there a 3 wired plud sticking out of the engine like this one? Do you want to sell it?

Thanks, all, for the help. I found an extra spring that came with this mini and figured out where it goes. Here's probably what it's supposed to look like (see 3 small pics above). I rebuilt the magneto and want to start it before I figure out what I want to do with it. I hate to separate it from the bike, I think it's pretty restorable back to original. No 3rd wire that I can see. May look to trade the bike for an old Ruttman toad?
Thanks!

Last edited:
Don't think it's a Herters, it has a Riverside tire on the back and one piece handlebars and the gas tank is hidden in back, has to be a Monkey Wards or Gilson?

Hi Josh, Yea the photo I used to show the charge coil wires is a herters. It belongs to my father, Wayne on the board. I wonder if the three wire plug is when they run the kill switch through that same harness?

cimchazz, that looks like a nice bike. joshhoward was referring to the bike i used to show the linkage. You already knew what you had with a wards or gilson. It's nice to see that chain guard still on there. looks pretty complete.:scooter: