New Clutch

I was unsure of what type of clutch to use; Dont want to burn it out just driving at low revs for slow tooling around. I Purchased a 12t Hillard extreme clutch. Im hoping this will hold up. However im unsure of the rev engagement point; I was told that most centrifugal clutches engage at 2600 rpm. This seems kinda high as im guessing that max rpm is somewhere between 3500-3800 rpm. So I also bought 1800 rpm Springs. Do you think this is to low of a rpm for clutch engagement?

Since this is my first mini and id like to have my kids ride it how or where can i get a cover for the clutch assembly and chains? My crank sticks out really far;can I Shorten it? Do I have to make a cover or are there any out there?

I cant wait to get the clutch and see how this little bike performs.

The Engine is a B/S 10Hp. With a Drive ratio of 7.166 to 1 I`ll Be offroad riding on steep Trails I sure hope this Will Tackle them With Attitude!
Thanks, Bossman.

That ain't no 10 Hp, bossman, more like a 2 or a 3.5, but not a 10, they are much taller than the back bone of that bike, wouldn't fit in there, don't mean to burst you're bubble, but I know my Briggs!!!
dave

that definately is an odd looking briggs..look at how the spark plug is soo far over to the left, and the recoil part of the shroud seems soo small..its weird

also, from my experence, hillard clutches are terrible clutches, they have a built-in key that just snaps off, and the clutches have a hole where a set screw should be, but no threads or screw! so the only way of holding on the clutch is to drill and tap the shaft if it isn't already!

Last edited:
Clutch

Bossman
You can get all the power you need by using a larger sprocket on the end of the jackshaft. Doing this will let the clutch work easier and last longer, of course your top speed is reduced as you gear the bike down, but for kids that is good anyway.

Vette

that definately is an odd looking briggs..look at how the spark plug is soo far over to the left, and the recoil part of the shroud seems soo small..its weird

also, from my experence, hillard clutches are terrible clutches, they have a built-in key that just snaps off, and the clutches have a hole where a set screw should be, but no threads or screw! so the only way of holding on the clutch is to drill and tap the shaft if it isn't already!
its just a normal 3hp briggs