New Member Old Bike

Hello All, I'm Brand new and I just picked up an old Minibike for the grandkids and me to work on. No idea what it is. I looked for any manufacturer name or tag but couldn't find anything.

My question is...the brand/make is not that important to me as what are the important dimensions and measurements I need to know so I can purchase the correct parts to make it as safe as it can be. It has a foot pedal brake that has a rub pad to the rear tire. That probably dates it!

I have attached a photo

thanks for any input and suggestions

John

Attachments

Thanks, not trying to do a restoration just make it go and stop and safe as can be for kids. I take it brakes have improved dramatically since that pedal rub brake was used! any recommendations for best brakes for kids ?

Thanks, not trying to do a restoration just make it go and stop and safe as can be for kids. I take it brakes have improved dramatically since that pedal rub brake was used! any recommendations for best brakes for kids ?
Clutch band brake.
If there’s room, I would put a jackshaft on it and run around 8:1.
Good project bike

Welcome to the OldMiniBikes Mazzart...!

The scrub brake is not as pre-historic as it seems, and is sometimes actually an easier concept to grasp for stopping, while the younger ones wrestle with the turn and release concept of the throttle too.

Sometimes hand brakes require more hand strength than younger riders have.

It's been my experience that scrub brakes also stop pretty good too.