New to mini bikes

My uncle used to have a Rupp roadster when he was a kid, him and my other uncle even built one from stuff from a junk yard, now he started to fix up mini bikes he finds on ebay, he started emailing me pictures of them and I wanted to try started building one, is there anything I should specificly look for, or any brand for certain parts?

Hent

Welcome to the forum.

There's a couple different routes you can go with building mini bikes. It really just depends on your budget, skills and available tools.

Since it sounds like your uncle has some old frames, it wouldn't be a bad idea to get one of the more basic ones from him. That way you could keep the budget down on your first bike.

After that, look into bikes with jackshaft setups, lights, etc - if you want to go that route.

It's really just about working with what you have and making what you want out of it.

Let us know when you get a frame and we can point you in the right direction for parts.

kbs8ball

Welcome Skate...Check ebay for something local that way you can save the shipping...watch for a good deal...check everyday....

Welcome Skate
The Guys are right. Keep it within your buget. my suggestion would be a bike that takes a Tecumseh or Briggs motor. parts are readily available and you can buy them at your local hardware store. Your lawn mower runs every time you need it!

if your interested in restoring a bike to it's full original appearance and function, you could have quite a hunt and expense on your hands if you don't go for a brand that parts are readily available.

Use caution on ebay and try to make sure you don't get scammed on there....There are many who sell junk on there that is NOT as advertised or they sell it under the wrong name brand, hoping to catch themselves an unknowing buyer. If you have interest in Rupp, feel free to contact me on anything you need assistance with. Don't let an ebay scam artist sucker you!