New To Site, Have Questions

Just have to say this is one great site on minibikes. Just purchased 2 Terra minibikes this past weekend and I'am trying to find out a little more about them. They're in pretty good condition ( stored inside) , but I would like to fix them up. They have 3H.P. Tecumseh's on them and are blue with white 4.00x5.00 wheels . If you guy's have any information you could share on these Terra's I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Hent

Hey Vortechys,

Welcome to the site!

I'll take a look through my files and see what I can come up with for you.

What kind of parts do they need? Any pictures?

Terra Minibikes

Thanks for looking through your files, Hent. The parts they need are just basic stuff( new throttle cables , brake cables, your basic wear items). They both run , but I want to redo them . Paint frames , chrome shocks and fenders, possibly add tecumseh OHV engine( more power!!) . I have some pic's from the seller . I'll post them now and try to get better ones later.

Ive seen that same frame before on my buddys Massy ferg bike and Montgomery ward bikes.
And some others, Thats a Real nice frame...Very well made!

Last edited:
Thanks guy's for the info. I'm really geeked about fixing up these bikes. Not sure if I should stick with the 3HP tecumseh or upgrade to larger engine(6.5 HP OHV engine). Should I restore these and keep them stock or modify for fun?

Hent

You could do one original and one modified. That's what I would do.

Since getting original parts can sometimes be a pain, its best to have that as a "longer term" project :)

But, thats just my two cents.

Well you have to decide what your going to do with it.
With My Atlas I decided even though I had Everything to take it back to stock I wanted to make it how I wanted to and use a modern Powerplant.

And I wanted it fast as heck........ And be able to ride the tar out of it and not fret over little stuff.

I had the Frame Powdercoated to make it a little tougher than paint for trail riding if I ever do it. But Its Mainly used for a Pit bike. If I ever take the Bike out on trails I'll be sure to take the unobtainium parts off of it before I bash it though. :)

If your wanting the Power...I say go for it. Im Putting 6.5's on my Columbia and MTD bikes. I try to stick with a Restifacation Mentality.

Try to redo the bike as it came from the factory (Save for Chrome) and add a Newer powerplant, I Keep the factory engine most of the time and Rebuild it or shelf it.

Thanks guy's for the reply's. You both have valid points. I bought these to primarily use as pit bikes. Have to think more about it. I'll try to post clearer pic's in the next couple days.