Newbie help with an Alsport Year ????

Hello to all!

My latest project is a Alsport Tri-Sport trike, which I am hoping to save. On the front forks it says Baja Rover. Would anyone know the year of this??

After searching the internet I only found a couple of pictures exactly like it. No suspension on the front or rear.

The Baja Rover was a remake of the Tri-Sports that were built after Mickey Rupp sold his company in 1975 or 1976 . It look as if it is a copy of the TS 100 frame but with the RTS body. I was a dealer for Alsport back in 1971 to 1974 . Most of the TS100 trikes came with 5 and 7 HP Tecumseh engines and all had torque converters and differentials. Clean it up and get rid of all the rust and things will look brighter . Steve

I got one of those!!!!

Well it's still in pieces,but it looks just like that one,even got the foot pegs on the front forks, I should be getting mine back together in the next week or so, dave.

After (2) weeks of searching the internet, I could only find (4) pictures of this exact same model. From and old post and a guy long gone this picture described as a 1976 Alsport/Promark Trike.

So this trike was originally designed by Rupp? Who was Promark?

I think I will add a front suspension to it, different other models possibly later had spring shocks on the front forks.

So using your info and the description of the picture I guess the year is 1976.

Thanks for your help.

Dave from Chicago

Hello Dave : Promark bought out Rupp and began to make off road trikes and they as far as I can find out only reproduced trikes and did not go into the rest of the Rupp line of products. The front end that you have is the bottom of the three that Tri-sport trikes had the next up is they added a rocker to the bottom of the fork leg and a set of hydraulic shocks . The best front forks was a leading link with a u bend loop that went behind the tire and as always the foot pegs were always on the front end and the handle bars were like yours . E-bay is your best hope for finding parts just look for Alsport not Promark . Here to help in any way. Steve

hey , i have the same trike, but mine isnt in really good shape,like this one in the pic, but mine has a 1979 cobra 340 snowmobile engine in it, and yes it is very fast!!!! it will lay two strips of rubber about 20 -30 feet when you hit it hard when you first take off,,,,,,,,,,,,,:thumbsup: