Newbie with 3hp questions

Hello everyone, I posted some questions in the general discussion forum and I think I should have posted them here instead. If anyone can tell me how to edit my posts that would amazing!
Anyway, I have a project that I'm gathering parts for my grandson and I . We picked this 3hp motor at a farm sale and it doesn't appear to have been ran, or at least very little tank is absolutely spotless. Im assuming that this was for some sort of utility usage.
My questions are:
Can the fuel tank be relocated or swapped to one that will clear the top tubes of the frame?
What kind of parts do i need to make the linkage work with the throttle?
Or Would i be better swapping out the carb to a different style?

I also picked up a few tubs of NOS Briggs and Stratton parts that im going through , is there a good place to look up part numbers and ID what i have?

Thanks in advance for any help that you can provide!!

Attachments

That style of engine where the tank is gravity feeding down to the carb would allow you to move the tank. I don't know offhand if the bolt locations would let you move it to the side or not but I do know that style gravity feeds the carb, unlike the style that has a diaphragm carb attached to the top of the tank. The big one is that you're going to be removing head bolts if you want to remove the tank bracket and will want to be sure to torque them back down. The tank itself can be moved pretty much anywhere you want so long as it still gravity feeds the carb.

You should be able to move that tank anywhere you want or swap to a different style tank for looks as long as you keep the bottom of it above the level of the carburetor.