Nice US 820

It's a little much for a mini. It's had the port timing modified a little and with a modified clutch and tuned pipe it flies! I run it on my '64 Rupp Grand Prix. It'll pull me at about 75mph on a 700 ft. straight. You should come to the vintage kart super olympics in June next year in Quincy IL. One of the biggest vintage kart shows in the country. They also have 2 days of open track time and an exhibition race program on that Saturday.

Sounds like a blast! I will keep that in mind. Still hoping to get out to Windbar next June as well.
Did you build the motor yourself? I have an 820 in my AC Screamer that needs to be rebuilt. Also have a NOS 820 from the early 70's that I think I am going to sell. Never been run.

My buddy in Ft. Wayne IN. did it for me at his machine shop. Intake ports were raised .040 with the 2 right ports siamesed (2 ports made into 1 larger port) The 2 center intake ports lower on the skirt were elongated and the bottom of the skirt was cut out I think .025. The exhaust ports were raised .025 and the top of the block was milled down .025 to make for a tighter squish with a .010 thick head gasket. With twin carbs and a tuned pipe it really woke it up. And that's all on gas. Alky would give it another HP, but I hate the hassle of cleaning out the carbs every time I run it.
What are you asking for the Bender you have from the 70's? Maybe a trade?