Nitro RC anyone?

Along with mini-biking, me and couple buddies are all about Nitro RC dirt oval and bashing... Anyone else into the RC hobby? If so, what you rockin'? I'm in the process of doing a Jato Conversion on my Nitro Rusty.

i had an rc10 GT2 that thing was ass kivking fun but broke sumthing everytime i drove it. so i sold it for parts and i am saving up for a savage 4.5

markus

I raced nitro boats pretty heavily few years ago, but after doing the math at the end of a season one year I realized it would be alot cheaper to actually build a real car (show quality even) that I had bought than to freshen up my equip. and boats for the next season so I dropped out at that point. I was burned out after a few years anyway. Alot of fun and very competitive but very pricey hobby. I had a couple boats with CMB 90's in them they could suck a gallon of 60% fuel down each in one race or test day. @ $25 a gallon it got a little pricey!!!!!!!

Had a few cars too ( I worked in a hobby shop for awhile) 1/4 scale team assoc pan car with a CMB 21, had a Kyosho 4wd car with a .12 and a traxxas truck with a .15 too

iv got a savage with a xtm 24.7. I was into it heavy a few years ago but i havnt driven it much the past year or two. I usto build all kinds of custom cages and sell or trade them for parts . Speaking of which iv got a half gallon of fuel thats a year or two old it has been open. Do yall think it would be ok to run? I would think it still has all its oil propetries still in it just maby not as good at burning?

Along with mini-biking, me and couple buddies are all about Nitro RC dirt oval and bashing... Anyone else into the RC hobby?...
I prefer toys that I can ride, but I'd sure like to see your rig in action, especially on a dirt oval. :thumbsup: Got any to video to post?

We bought my son a 3.3 T-max this last Christmas. I've had a Rustler for years, my brother has had a Midnight Pumkin, and Clod Buster

I collect vintage Tamiya stuff. I used to race dirt oval here in PA for years, but like verything else, all of the tracks are gone. I turned to HO slot cars and now all of those tracks are disappearing. There are a few good dirt oval RC tracks, but they are all 1.5-2 hrs away from me.

I have a 100% custom (all aluminum parts machined by me) 4x4 traxxas stampede (it does a solid 38+ mph) ==> build thread My version of the E-revo.(4x4 pede) Phase 3: 100% complete 12/31/08 - Stampede - Ultimate RC Forums skip to the last page to see the pics, if you don't have time.

*next I have a custom race spec traxxas t maxx 3.3 (50+ mph)

*A have a 3906 brushless traxxas emaxx powered by a feigao 7xl motor and a castle creations mamba max speed control. (45+ mph)

*A custom 2wd ( btw all stampedes are 2wd unless your like me....) pre runner made from a stampede. WIP (estimated 35 mph)

*And lastly a custom rock racer, that I built every thing on from the ground up except for the axles, the axles are from a tamyia tlt-1 (10 mph)

I also have 2 other vehicles that are in species at the moment, 1. kyosho alpha ten gp road car. 2. Traxxas nitro rustler. Not to mention all the boxes of parts I have.

On another note, in case you haven't guess already, almost all my trucks are one off vehicles that money couldn't buy.......

iv got a savage with a xtm 24.7. I was into it heavy a few years ago but i havnt driven it much the past year or two. I usto build all kinds of custom cages and sell or trade them for parts . Speaking of which iv got a half gallon of fuel thats a year or two old it has been open. Do yall think it would be ok to run? I would think it still has all its oil propetries still in it just maby not as good at burning?

Shake up the fuel real good and put it in the truck, if it runs it's still good:gunsmilie: The only thing that could affect it, is that the methanol could have soaked up to much water from the air.

My experience with nitro is that once it has been opened, I give it a 3 month shelf life as long as it was stored propery. The truck may run, but it will most likely stall at idle once it is warm and not run to it's potential. You do not want to tune it to bad fuel. They can be tempermental enough!:thumbsup:

Last edited:

65ShelbyClone

My experience with nitro is that once it has been opened, I give it a 3 month shelf life as long as it was stored propery. The truck may run, but it will most likely stall at idle once it is warm and not run to it's potential. You do not want to tune it to bad fuel. They can be tempermental enough!:thumbsup:
Three months is four times longer than the pump gas lasts in my bike. After three weeks I can look forward to pinging and varnish. :thumbdown:

I have actually run glow fuel that was over a year old, but it was just low performance 10 or 15% nitro stuff. The air here is also 20% humidity or less for nine months of the year, so that definitely helped.

I used to have a Traxxas Nitro Hawk for a few years back in the mid '90s. It was fun, but I had to repeatedly fix/replace pullstart parts(original Traxxas .12 engine), so I eventually sold it for a whopping $75 RTR with a very nice airbrushed body. :doah:Now all I have is a Thunder Tiger GP-40 plane engine that is destined for a Tamiya Mini Cooper after I cut out a big fin head for it and maybe do some portwork.