no spark on 5 hp

i got a 5 hp briggs motor from a craigslist ad themodel # is 130202 0685. should i just buy new points and a condenser or if I need a magnedo will a briggs 2hp one work. :hammer:

ps what goodies would I need to get if I took the governor out and where would I be able to get them for the best price

if you take out the governor you should get a billet rod and heavier valve springs. for a 5HP briggs they should be VERY easy to find for a cheap price. learn to look around and you'll find a deal that suits you :wink:

I got a tune up kit from napa it had spark plug condensor and points. I put it all in and now it runs very well. As for the billet rod and valve springs does any one know where I can get these :confused:

Wont need a billet rod unless you install a modified cam. If your engine still uses points and has the slide choke carb then you may not even be able to reach rod-breaking rpms with the governor removed.

I got a tune up kit from napa it had spark plug condensor and points. I put it all in and now it runs very well. As for the billet rod and valve springs does any one know where I can get these :confused:
put in two exhaust valve springs,one on intake,one on exhaust.any lawn mower shop can get them for you.