Not a Clue

ElEd

I will assume that I will manage to attach photos to this post. I purchased my first minibike project a few weeks ago and have not been able to identify it as yet. It had an electric motor bolted to a cross member just below the seat and forward of the rear wheel. The motor has four heavy leads and is in the shop and not shown in photos. Other information follows:
Tires are 4.80/4.00-8
Brake drums are 5 inch
Rear sprocket is 64 tooth and 3/8 pitch
Bates rubbers on foot pegs
There were Pollard bearings on the jackshaft (not shown). Internet research indicates Pollard merged with other companies in 1969 and changed their name.
The bottom part of the frame could be a battery tray and measures 7x16 inches.
The handlebars are definitely not original.
I am uncertain as to whether to make it electric or put a clone on it. I tried to get a status on the motor before posting, but got anxious. All information or even comments will be appreciated.

I could only upload one attachment. Thanks, Ed

ElEd

Mybiz, It does look like, but mine has only one spring in front and mine appears longer. In my photo the light colored line at the top of the frame is a yard stick. I forgot to mention that in my original post.

Ed

mybiz

I've not seen one with that long of a spring. I haven't looked real hard for a match. But I'll keep searching.:thumbsup:

ElEd

Thanks for your help. A great majority of the photos on the internet are bikes with the handlebars being an extension of the forks. Mine has bolt on handlebars with two clamps. The bars have been replaced as the center portion is knurled like those of a pedal bike. If it is a custom bike, someone sure did an excellent job on it.