ny nj pa conn april 5th oakland valley raceway cuddebackville ny minibike race

Just got the call from the owner of the track today and he said Saturday the 5th of April is a go !
He said its an open track day,
Like I had said before I am only interested in running minibikes that day
And yes there will be tech and all the track rules apply!
Full face helmet
Pants
Jacket
Gloves
Shoes or boots
Neck brace
As far as safety for the bikes
You need brakes not your feet to stop
Good thread on the tires
Tight handle bars and throttle cable and brake cables are good
I myself will ok nylock nuts on wheels but make sure there new and not cleaned off old ones.
Or wired nuts or even cotter pins too.
This us about having fun and not about having the fastest bike.
Safety is priority !
Remember this if have a minibike that has no brakes or bald tires or loose seat or handle bars would you want your kid on it I WOULD HOPE NOT!

There will be 4 classes
Super stock flathead
Stock flathead
Super clone
Stock clone
And honesty is the best policy so if you have a fast motor tell the truth to be fair to the other riders in your class if you cheat and get caught you will be placed in last of the super class at the start !
I'm sure I left some stuff out so let the questions fly.
Also let's get a head count on what is coming and who is attending.
As for the drags I will call the track and ask them I forgot today
I will ask to let us do some drag testing to see if its something that might work on the Fri.t straight .
And Dave if you are interested in having some vintage carts run that day it would be Kool but like I said in the begining I dont know enough to make a ruling so that's up to the track
LET'S GET MINIBIKE RACING GOING ON THE EAST COAST!

Last edited:
Im in Ed, and im coming for you Ed!!!! Just kidding, This has the potential to be the best race yet. The different classes will keep the playing feild level and fun for everyone, and I have a bike to run in three of the classes. I will run super clone, super stock flat head and stock flathead. An epic day will be had. Come on guys dust off your bikes and lets have great time riding and and sharing war stories :) Hope to see you all there! Ed do you you know the schedual for the day? practices, heat races/ feature or just motos?

Probably 2 test 2 heats of 5 laps for each class then a 10 lap feature for each class.
That's how it was run when I was there in the fall seems like a good way.
And we will do a rolling start and maybe for the main event a lemans start ?
Those are the most fun!
But I am open to ideas so feel free to post suggestions

I'm working on a bird frame with a predator engine 6.5 hp
I hope it's done by than :shrug::shrug:
vintage carts should be cool for the same day :thumbsup::thumbsup:

One good saturday while the real star of the series is unable to compete hardly makes someone a king......:devil2:
Im talking about Lisa of course :)

Last edited:
just got the call from the owner of the track today and he said saturday the 5th of april is a go !
He said its an open track day,
like i had said before i am only interested in running minibikes that day
and yes there will be tech and all the track rules apply!
Full face helmet
pants
jacket
gloves
shoes or boots
neck brace
as far as safety for the bikes
you need brakes not your feet to stop
good thread on the tires
tight handle bars and throttle cable and brake cables are good
i myself will ok nylock nuts on wheels but make sure there new and not cleaned off old ones.
Or wired nuts or even cotter pins too.
This us about having fun and not about having the fastest bike.
Safety is priority !
Remember this if have a minibike that has no brakes or bald tires or loose seat or handle bars would you want your kid on it i would hope not!

There will be 4 classes
super stock flathead
stock flathead
hsuper clone
stock clone
and honesty is the best policy so if you have a fast motor tell the truth to be fair to the other riders in your class if you cheat and get caught you will be placed in last of the super class at the start !
I'm sure i left some stuff out so let the questions fly.
Also let's get a head count on what is coming and who is attending.
As for the drags i will call the track and ask them i forgot today
i will ask to let us do some drag testing to see if its something that might work on the fri.t straight .
And dave if you are interested in having some vintage carts run that day it would be kool but like i said in the begining i dont know enough to make a ruling so that's up to the track
let's get minibike racing going on the east coast!
ok talked with peter at the track today 65 dollars to race at the track all day
spectator entry is free if you stay in the grandstand and 15 pit pass if you want to walk in the pits.
Also he said we can bring your drag bikes and run them in the straight from the last turn to the start finish line (about 300 feet) total straight is about 700 feet so we should enough shutdown

very cool ed can't wait :thumbsup: told a couple other people about this event over the past week to try and help with turn out . we need more stuff like this around here and i personally appreciate you stepping up and doing this :thumbsup:

That's what its all about let's try to have some fun . We will still have some races this year at the place on long island if this works and people attend it will only get better
Thanks for the support

This sounds like a great time and I commend you for all your effort. However I have a few questions. 1 when you say minibikes are you talking about 6" wheel stuff or any mini with the aforementioned engines ? 2 Is there an age limit as my 9 year old would really like to do this? Thanx Scott