Old Bush Wacker Needs TLC

I was watching that on ebay. Heres the same bike I have. This one was sold by Wards.

I don't think yours is a Bushwacker. The Bushwacker had a flat plate between the tree's instead of the number plate mount. Also, I think they all had a rear brake instead of a scrub and they did not use a center stand.
Heres a Bushwacker.

I was wondering about that-the first thing I noticed was the two brackets on the front of the fork-Bushwackers don't have them. What was the Wards bike called?
I'm still gonna build 'er,though.

Old Wards Bike Project

I scored this old Wards bike a few days ago-it had the original steel 10" wheels. I am considering swapping the 10 inchers for 6"-there's something about the look of the smaller wheels that I prefer. This is going to be somewhat of a custom build without cutting up the frame. I also have the original bars,but,again,I like the Schwinn Sting Ray bars as well. The 10-inch wheels most likely will go on Ebay. I'm curious as to what others think.....

Wards Arco, cool bike. I have two of those tanks that the outlets snapped off like plastic does so I used a chrome valve stem for an outlet and ran the seals and nut/washer down and they seem to hold fine. They would bolt right on it and you can have one for $40 shipped. No assurance that it will not ever leak but they do not so far. PM me if you're interested.

jeep4me

Wards Arco, cool bike. I have two of those tanks that the outlets snapped off like plastic does so I used a chrome valve stem for an outlet and ran the seals and nut/washer down and they seem to hold fine. They would bolt right on it and you can have one for $40 shipped. No assurance that it will not ever leak but they do not so far. PM me if you're interested.

Tecumseh had a rubber grommet and steel barbed outlet that was used on some of their plastic gas tanks. I just picked one of them up for a Heald plastic gas tank I have that has a snapped off fuel outlet barb. I just drilled the hole a little bigger, pushed in the grommet, pushed in the steel barb and it works like a champ.

Thanks for the offer-very tempting,but I plan to powdercoat the frame and use some sort of metal custom tank. I want to keep the tank brackets on the frame and not cut them off-a frame is only original once. Even the scrub brake will be saved.....So a steel tank will get the powdercoat as well. I actually have a similar steel tank that came off my Cyclops,but it's rusted as hell. As for an engine,probably a 6.5 clone. I have one on the Cyclops and I love it.