old lil indian rebuild

got the bike with what i believe is the original 3hp briggs and strat. ditched that and replaced it with a motor i got from work (home depot tool rental). its a 5.5hp honda that used to be a powerwasher motor. im pumped to get it all together and done. just gotta paint the frame after finishing extending the foot pegs (motor to wide to get my big feet in there) and also grab a clutch and get the front tire situation all set. not sure what i will do with brakes.. any ideas would be awesome

frame with original motor

frame no motor

new motor mocked

next is frame paint

Last edited:
its actually called snake skin pearl it has a shit load of pearls in it and is very bright but these cell phone pics are crappy:thumbsup:

Brakes

That little bracket you have on the frame by the rear tire is a bracket for your calipar set-up, the rotor would be the rear sprocket, all you need is the calipar, and the cable!!!!!
dave

its actually called snake skin pearl it has a shit load of pearls in it and is very bright but these cell phone pics are crappy:thumbsup:
wow, that would be brite, I thought mine stuck out like a sore thumb. Post some good pics when you get it painted.

That little bracket you have on the frame by the rear tire is a bracket for your calipar set-up, the rotor would be the rear sprocket, all you need is the calipar, and the cable!!!!!
dave
any idea of a part number and/or possibly a place to get them online that has decent pricing?

change of plans since ive noticed to damn many lime green bikes, im doing a flat black with red rims just painted the rims last night now onto the final frame mods then sanding it and shooting it

poped off the old powerwasher pump and put the new clutch on. also got my throttle linkage sqaured away (no pic yet)

made some handle bar extensions cuz being 6.3 on a very lil indian isn't to easy (i know the guys the like the old resto shit are gonna flag me for this but its my bike)

found a free front wheel that fit the axle at work and been riding it all morning around the parking lot.also extended the bars about 4 inches will post pics tonight

got the band brake now lookin to figure out why the motor wont fire. i put 18lb valve springs in and a new jet as well as the new intake and exhaust (kit from AGK). any thoughts?

made a new exhaust tonight and finished the tuning and it runs beautifully. carb is on the rich side and it shoots flames which is a good thing by my standards. just gotta bolt the engine back to the frame and pop the wheels on and shes ready to roll. oh yeah i need a seat and to paint the fenders but otherwise its rideable.

got the bike with what i believe is the original 3hp briggs and strat. ditched that and replaced it with a motor i got from work (home depot tool rental). its a 5.5hp honda that used to be a powerwasher motor. im pumped to get it all together and done. just gotta paint the frame after finishing extending the foot pegs (motor to wide to get my big feet in there) and also grab a clutch and get the front tire situation all set. not sure what i will do with brakes.. any ideas would be awesome
Great project and a good looking bike. I have one that's very similar I'm just starting on. Someone cut the brake mounts off of my frame. Since you have a bare frame, I'd sure appreciate it if you would please post a close-up photo of the caliper bracket and cable stay bracket on the lower left frame tube. Lay a tape measure next to it. That will help me to create a new one. What did you do w/the 3HP engine? Maybe it needs a new home here in Oregon?

Thanks!

Great project and a good looking bike. I have one that's very similar I'm just starting on. Someone cut the brake mounts off of my frame. Since you have a bare frame, I'd sure appreciate it if you would please post a close-up photo of the caliper bracket and cable stay bracket on the lower left frame tube. Lay a tape measure next to it. That will help me to create a new one. What did you do w/the 3HP engine? Maybe it needs a new home here in Oregon?

Thanks!
i can take that picture later but the motor is for sale. pm for more details