Old Rupp Kart

OK here is the second Kart I picked up the other day. It was thrown in free as part of the "For Ton" kart I bought for $150. Two karts for $150 is not something I could refuse even though both are non running. Anyway, this one is Rupp he said. I know next to nothing about karts so any info on year/model let me know. Crazy looking engine that says Craftsman. I had thought it was a Briggs at first glace... Any way I can find out more about it with the numbers below? Also what's with the sproket in the middle of the axel like that?

its a lancer kart ..built by rupp .. the seat back is flatter on top instead of rounded .different pedals they used fox pedals ..it has extra tube from steering hoop to front bumper ..on yours its been modified if you cut of the flat bar and move the bumper back to where the steering hoop tube hooks back on it ..it will be back to orig ..

the lancer kart is way better than the MTD yard kart .. but the MTD karts pretty rare they only made them a yr or two in the early to mid 80,s ..they were takin over by manco Co.

if it were myself id slap a flat head or most any small 4 stroke motor on the yard kart .. then fix up the lancer kart with a nice west bend 820 or mcculloch two smoker ..I think you would enjoy it more than you realize plus they bring pretty good money ..if you didn't like it ..