Old Rupp !!!

Hi OldMiniBikes er's http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/images/smilies/scooter.gif I found this advertised for sale. The owner is asking 1200.00 plus tax and shipping. Probably about 1500 hundred delivered to my door. These old karts seem to be very hard to find items in my area. Would someone care to comment on the asking price. I'm also curious to know what the purpose of the two standing pipes are, behind the seat. Thanks View attachment 12897

bandit 40

Hi OldMiniBikes er's http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/images/smilies/scooter.gif I found this advertised for sale. The owner is asking 1200.00 plus tax and shipping. Probably about 1500 hundred delivered to my door. These old karts seem to be very hard to find items in my area. Would someone care to comment on the asking price. I'm also curious to know what the purpose of the two standing pipes are, behind the seat. Thanks View attachment 12897
Well if you think you really like it that much ,and they are hard to find get it, and for the bars possibly a bolt on roll cage of some kind sorta like a halo behind the head:thumbsup:

In my opinion that is way too much for a live axle play kart and I would do a ton of looking before I spent that kind of money for a questionable kart . It does have Rupp Turbine wheels but they are out there. I have some Rupp front wheels. As for the pipes Bandit 40 is probably right as they have no part of a racing Kart. Also the picture does not show the side rail of the karts profile. Steve :scooter:

Thanks for your thoughts guy's. Steve, i think your right that i should spend more time looking around. Really slim pickings up North here.

A good classic is the Dart A-bone but there are a lot of karts out there one thing that rupp did was to really push the Dealers to buy parts that's why there is still a lot of NOS parts around. My shop was in Long Beach, California and that was big time Bug Kart country and small shops like Inglewood Kart Supply and Meyers speed Shop sold lots of sprint karts and Hartman Engineering sold the enduro Karts. Keep looking and you will find a classic to own.
Steve :scooter: