Original decal coming off. Want to save it.

i would heat it up and peel it with a razor blade . to glue it down i would use CA glue . Fancy super glue for hobbyists. you can get it at any hobby store. Real thin coat so nothing squeezes out when your holding it down. immediatly wipe anywhere you dont want it and youll be good. i use it for everything works great and a tiny tube lasts forever

Last edited:

T-Town Mini

I've used spray adhesive to re-glue them back on. Just mask off the surface of the decal and all around it's perimeter except for the spot you want to stick. Lift the corner or edge that's loose and spray a shot of the adhesive. Once you press it down you may want to put some tape on it to keep it from lifting back up as it dries.

Whatever method you use, be sure to clean any grit away that may be in the old adhesive left on the decal or painted surface you want to glue.

CA glue is super glue. Used it a few times myself. When installing the rare and hard to find trim tape on Cat gas tanks, KKK let me on a method that works.

First remove the adhesive backing with "Goo Gone." On a foil sticker, this product won't cause damage to the graphics, but I'd test it just to be sure.

Once adhesive was gone from your decal, (soaked through) I'd carefully peel it with a straight razor blade. I'd remove all the remaining adhesive from it, clean it, clean the metal where it goes.

Then I'd tape off the area where the sticker is going to be placed. In that area, I'd apply a thin layer of contact cement. I wouldn't use the spray stuff, since it's too hard to control. I'd also to a thin coat on the sticker itself. Let the whole thing cure for 15 minutes and press it on. Do it right, because it's a one shot deal.

That's how I'd do it, and that's how I've done the trim tape on the Cat fenders.