Parting out a Speedway Scorpion

I started another thread about possibly parting out a Speedway Scorpion to see if there was interest. There is so I'll list the parts with prices and post the pictures.
The pictures should expand when you pick it so you can zoom in for a closer look.

To my knowledge this is a 1970 or 1971. My prices may be high or low, I don't know. Hence or Best Offer. If something is priced to low, please bid it up :)

I'll give you guys a few days to look over the parts and make your offers. I'll update the thread as parts are sold.

Front tire and wheel assembly $75 or best offer. Tire has good tread and good sidewalls with white lettering. Size 3.50 x 10. Rim has some rust pitting on both sides. Here is a picture of both sides of the rim and the tread.

Front Suspension/triple trees $100 or best offer. Both head light mounting have broken ends.

Headlight bucket, no lens $40 or best offer. Some pitting in chrome, switch is broken, wires cut.

Handlebars $50 or best offer. Straight, not bent with good chrome. Includes good grip and fair brake lever.

Fuel tank $60 or best offer. Has dents and the usual surface rust inside. Rear mounting tab missing. Does not leak.

Seat cover with foam $50 or best offer. Seat looks great on the bike. The vinyl is very nice on the sides, top and front. The snaps are good. But. On the back, it has a bad muffler burn. This portion is hidden by the Tail Light/License frame bracket. I didn't even know it was burnt until I removed the cover. If you have the tail light/license plate bracket on your bike, then you won't see the burn either.

Both Rear Shocks $50 or best offer.

Rear tire and wheel assembly $75 or best offer. Very nice rear tire with white lettering. Moto Cross 3.5 x 10. No dry rot, no cracks, lots of tread.
Rim has some rust pitting on both sides. Chrome still looks good. This is a heavy item. I've checked shipping and it starts at $21 and can go up if you live far west of Michigan.
Seems like a lot but the box is 17x17x6 and weighs 15 lbs. That costs a lot to ship.... Here is a picture of both sides of the rim and one of the tread.

Rear swing arm $50 or best offer.

Front axle bolt, spacer and bearings $30 or best offer.

Rear axle bolt, spacers and bearings $30 or best offer.

Front brake rotor hub $30 or best offer. Was painted black over the rust, seems straight and true.

Rear sprocket hub, brake drum and brake shoes $40 or best offer. One brake shoe has been epoxied on. Looks
like someone painted drum black over the chrome. Drum in decent shape inside. Good chrome on backing plate.

Kickstand with spring $30 or best offer.

Front suspension/triple tree bolt and nylon bushings $30 or best offer.

Front fender with bracket $50 or best offer. Chrome has minor pitting, great for daily driver.

Rear fender with bracket $50 or best offer. Chrome has some minor pitting, great for daily driver.

Handle bar clamps $20 or best offer.

Chrome foot pegs $30 or best offer. Probably aftermarket. They were on it when I bought it. Bolt on to frame style.
Very good condition.

Frame $20 or best offer. NOT GOOD Condition. Engine mounting plate has been cut out, slotted flat plate welded in. Has good license plate area and triple tree area. Shipping would probably be a killer for this big item... Local pick up recommended. I can also cut it and sell you the needed sections.

Danford1

Last edited:
The following parts have All been sold since last update:
Head light
Front fender
Rear fender
Front axle
Rear axle
Triple tree bolt and bushings
Kickstand and spring
Handlebar U bolts

Danford1