picked this up for $40

I don't know much about tecumseh. Are you saying mine may be rare? I'm ganna keep it original either way just wondering. I'm working on getting it running now. I cleaned up the magneto and points then reset the points and is has enough spark to take down an elephant.haha this little thing is awsome.

delray

oldfatguy
I have one on the shelf in my garage. It was originally white and if I remember correctly the serial number was for 1968. It also has a steel lined cylinder which is rare for Tecumseh engines.
finding a small block like that can be kind of hard to find too with a steel sleeve. must of been made for a pump/generater/stationary engine....something like that.

delray

yes getsum, finding another black tecumseh engine h25 (2.5hp) with crossflags on ebay,craigslist or wherever. is just not going to happen.
three wheeler is a keeper ...........:thumbsup:

That's awesome! Thank you for all the info. Just got done cleaning the carb now I gatta stop at the lawnmower shop in town and get new gaskets then she will run again. Where can I get a replacement brake cable?

delray

your three wheeler findley solve the mystery brochure picture. it was hard to tell what kind of gas tank it was.....:thumbsup:

notes too that brochure picture does not have the white strips,but yours and my bike does...:shrug:

OldMiniBikes warehouse should have a cable

That's awesome we solved the mystery of the gas tank. My stripe is crooked on the front fender so it may have been something you could put on if you wanted but didn't come on it. My brother's superscat has the stripe too.

I finally got the little 2.5 running good. The carb was all jacked up. I had it going shortly after I got it but it wouldn't idle. The throttle shaft was worn so bad it would only run with my hand fully covering the carb. :eek:hmy: so I took it apart and had my brother drill out the holes to true them up and cut me a new brass shaft.(he works at a machine shop) now it runs great. Has anyone ever seen one worn like that? Almost a quarter of the shaft was worn down all on one side.

delray

yes the shaft can be worn down like that. with a machine shop (lathe) it can be a easy fix.......:thumbsup:
glade your trying to keep it original. rare little trike to have.......:thumbsup:

I'm finally starting to order some parts for this thing. So far i got a new 20 tooth jack shaft sprocket a cheepo ebay clutch and a new brake cable. Does anyone know what carb rebuild kit i need? It looks like the OldMiniBikes warehouse has a few different ones and im not sure what one to get.

CaptNugget

Hey just noticed this thread! I'm from Peru, IL!! If you ever want to sell it I'd be the guy lol! I have 6 trikes now but don't have one of them yet. I get alota parts from OldMiniBikes! Also other Misc mini bike sites and eBay. Where the heck did you find it at? I'm constantly looking haha. But seriously interested if you'd wanna sell it.

I got it from an old man in utica by the golf course. It was only on cl for an hr before i called and said id be right there to get it. Sorry i dont really want to get rid of it.