Picked up another one.....This time a Boonie

jeep4me

Here's another one to add to the collection. I got this one yesterday. Runs okay, it just doesn't stop. The drum brake setup on the rear wheel is missing the shoes and springs. I hope I can find replacement parts..

Cool. It's a boonie fest :thumbsup: And to think I found a Bronc but have no room! :doah:

The brake is 5" and looks like this.

I noticed that some places sell complete brakes that are different but replacement pads show the holes on the sides for the springs and they have the right pivot points.

Last edited:
I'm glad there are a few Boonies coming up for sale, so they can be bought by one of us and fixed up to ride again...they were one of the few bikes that were big enough for an adult to comfortably ride.

I believe Jeep just got dry gulched. :thefinger:

That would need mods the fit a boonie but if it fits, all you'd have to do is drill two holes for mounting.

jeep4me

That's okay, I saw it before kbs replied. I"ll try to find something locally. Until I do, my soles will will be getting a little warm. Actually, the weather here is getting pretty cold, so I don't think I'll be riding it much. Thanks GTO.

jeep4me

I took her out for a test run. And I broke the bead on the front tire, I forgot to check if there was enough air in it, and almost went head over heels...ouch! After I pushed it back home and got everything filled up, I took it back out. Man does thing every want to pull a wheely...whoa! I'll probably need to do some adjusting to the jackshaft because the back tire doesn't sit square, and I can't move the tire in anymore to loosen the chain.