Please enlighten me on the Bonanza model numbers (old Taco owner)

As it states, please advise me on the Bonanza models. I had a paper route in Oakland Ca. and the local bike shop sold Taco's. After a few years I found the Ace 100 add in the back of a "Boys Life" and have wanted one ever since. N
ow with the grandsons coming of age, my wish just might come true.
Bob

Welcome to OldMiniBikes Bob! I grew up in Daly City and my friend had a brand new BC1500SH with the Ace 100 motor in 1969. I rode it many times . They come up for sale now and then but be prepared to dish out some cash. Our Taco store was The Pit Stop On Mission Street. Here’s some Pic of my Bonanza I restored a couple years ago. Check out the Bonanza pics in the media section. I think all the models are represented Good Luck! 4BBEEB98-B0AE-4DAD-99C4-DE96E9BBA6B1.jpeg 8F5B4F48-8FE7-4942-888B-14AC8AF15C98.jpeg EA272131-9F28-4AD5-BCBA-033364DB71A1.jpeg 35057EC3-8B76-43EF-9C0D-8E5C1C5C72DC.jpeg

Welcome to OldMiniBikes Bob! I grew up in Daly City and my friend had a brand new BC1500SH with the Ace 100 motor in 1969. I rode it many times . They come up for sale now and then but be prepared to dish out some cash. Our Taco store was The Pit Stop On Mission Street. Here’s some Pic of my Bonanza I restored a couple years ago. Check out the Bonanza pics in the media section. I think all the models are represented Good Luck! View attachment 271432 View attachment 271433 View attachment 271434 View attachment 271435
Nice Job. I picked up the Taco at Powell's when they were in Oakland I believe. Saved my change in a "Wells Fargo" Bag, when I had $119.95 I asked my dad if I could buy the bike in the back of Boys Life. He said "well son, if you saved up enough money for it I think I could talk your mom into it" I ran back to the bedroom, grabbed that bag and counted out the change on the living room floor. Boy, was he surprised. Next day we came home with 2 of them. I bought the 22 and he the 44. Rode all over Oakland on them. Powells moved to Alameda and I went to work for them in 77. Bought a KZ650. Funny how I rather have the Ace 100 now.
Bob

Welcome to OldMiniBikes Bob! I grew up in Daly City and my friend had a brand new BC1500SH with the Ace 100 motor in 1969. I rode it many times . They come up for sale now and then but be prepared to dish out some cash. Our Taco store was The Pit Stop On Mission Street. Here’s some Pic of my Bonanza I restored a couple years ago.
That's a beautiful Bonanza and exactly what I'm restoring right now. Any chance you could tell me the correct gearing for the 1500? Thanks!
image1.jpeg

That's a beautiful Bonanza and exactly what I'm restoring right now. Any chance you could tell me the correct gearing for the 1500? Thanks!
View attachment 271446
I went with 14 tooth on the motor to 9t JS (#40 Chain). 18T JS to 60T Wheel sprocket (#35 Chain). Been a few years since the project but I’m sure this was the factory gearing cuz I asked one of the Bonanza Gurus the same question. Good Luck. Joe

I went with 14 tooth on the motor to 9t JS (#40 Chain). 18T JS to 60T Wheel sprocket (#35 Chain). Been a few years since the project but I’m sure this was the factory gearing cuz I asked one of the Bonanza Gurus the same question. Good Luck. Joe
Joe, This is EXACTLY what I've been looking for! I really appreciate you taking the time, THANK YOU! I can only hope mine comes out nearly as nice as your 1500!