Please Help

If it runs with cleaner, your spark should be fine.

Clean your carb and check the little holes on the side of your float nut, one is very small and hard to see. Do not use steel wire to clean! If it won't blast clean, use a small strand of copper speaker wire to clear the hole.

Why did you take the engine apart when it runs? Now you might have even more problems! Like head gasket. :doah:

WHEN EVER you have a starting problem you should do one step at a time to find what is wrong (spark, getting gas, compression)

All you needed to do was clean and check you crab. :sadcrying4:

When i put it back togther it didnt even start with carb cleaner. so i broke it more. This is my first engine to work on.

BUT!! i also have a 4 hp tec that ive had for a good time , it was missin carb, air filter, piston cover. and plug and crank cover. So i took the parks off of the 3.5 tec and put them on the 4 hp tec. NOW IT STARTS WITH CARB CLEANER but only for sec.

HELP!!!!!???

Sounds like you took the clogged up carb off one motor & put it on another motor.
Try pokeing the holes through with a wire like GTO said.
:thumbsup:

where did you spray the carb cleaner? in the carb, or in the block directly?

Also check your fuel line, is there a shut-off valve on it? is the fuel line clogged? is the filter in the gas tank clogged? you gotta think of everything..

Last edited:
the fule line is fine, yes thers a full tank of gas. I spray the carb stuff in the air filter.. I did the wire thought the hole thing. Still no go

I may just though it out

Try adjusting the idle screw on the top of the carb in a little, and try it with the choke if it has one. If it starts with the choke on, then kick it to half choke, let it run a little and then try without the choke. Don't throw it away.
Keep playing with it.

Last edited:
hey minibikekid, i just looked at your pix........ GREAT LOOKIN HEADER !! do you have any one helpin ,or do you do all the work yourself? can you do a carb rebuild on your own? its not to difficult. just need a good clean work area, draw diagrams of what you must remove so you know where it goes, take your time noteing where all the little parts go. start out by buying a carb rebuild kit, ask the guy at your shop to make photocopies of a step by step manual that has detailed instructions of what to do. also ask for a copy of an illustrated parts breakdown of the carb. some carb kits come with parts that may not be for your specific carb, dont worry though, use just whats needed. ,, bill