Points for B&S # 6309241

Hello

I have an engine that came with a mini i purchased recently. I have no spark but I do have compression. I want to change the points, but I am not sure where to purchase and what points I will need. I am mech. inclined but totally new to small engines. The engine is a 1963 I assume and will fit nicely on the frame I am sanding and painting. Any help would be appreciated. I also need a muffler and don't know where to start looking.

Jim

Really? 1963 is an old one... what is the model number on it? :scooter:

Pretty well any points set for the basic small flat head is the same.. There are a couple different size condensors but all you can do is get the right one, or one like and extra 1/8 inch long.. :shrug:

But typically you can just clean and gap the points and they will work fine.. OR you can do the next best thing and just buy a, EIC coil that will do away with your points all together.. :thumbsup: Also check the flywheel key because they will shear and cause you to loose spark... IF you are running points... EIC works off it self and just knows when to fire via the magnet in the flywheel... EIC can be 180 out and still spark perfect.... Just 180 out...

The model number is 61102 and type 0136 01. Thanks for the help, I will clean the points and check the flywheel key. The engine was garaged for the last 40 years and the guy gave it to me with an old rupp 220 that has a working 1969 2 hp. on it. I hope i can get this one working.

rip the points out and install a nova ignition module,never worry about the points again ! it will work with your coil:thumbsup: