Post a pic of your 1970 speedway mini bike

That’s what the brochure says. I’m not sure.
I have talked with the speedway worker before and still do he said they only came in red like shark only came in gold and scarab and scorpion came in gold red or blue then speedway came out with green and took away gold which I think was a mistake because the gold was better but it is what it is

Think it was red and was painted gold by factory. Maybe special order. Will know when it’s stripped
did you get toms bike
possibly could have been special order
or a bike that one of the workers made for themselves and then sold after they didn't want it
or possibly a mid year bike not sure i'll talk with the old speedway worker and let you know what he says

Most start out 16 17 I have seen
Red bike appears to be gold
Well Brad I have seen 14 and 15 as well and 18 and that is original red that would be under the engine and mid year they changed to a chain and centrifugal clutch and special cover yours would have normal cover and I also got with the former speedway worker and he said that the shrike only could have been gold if one of the employees painted it gold but I see original red under that gold and the sticker on the tank have been taken off and put back on have you got Tom's bike yet

Well Brad I have seen 14 and 15 as well and 18 and that is original red that would be under the engine and mid year they changed to a chain and centrifugal clutch and special cover yours would have normal cover and I also got with the former speedway worker and he said that the shrike only could have been gold if one of the employees painted it gold but I see original red under that gold and the sticker on the tank have been taken off and put back on have you got Tom's bike yet