Power Dyne...what model?

Last edited:
I have a Powerdyne that was identified as a Galaxie/Galaxy. Looks like same frame but mine has no front shocks. I had a Powerdyne chopper that had the forks like yours. My frame also has foot pegs in front of motor. No brake tab on Galaxie, but chopper did. Here's mine....

I have a Powerdyne that was identified as a Galaxie/Galaxy. Looks like same frame but mine has no front shocks. I had a Powerdyne chopper that had the forks like yours. My frame also has foot pegs in front of motor. No brake tab on Galaxie, but chopper did. Here's mine....

Those are sweet!! :thumbsup:

It is hard to see in the video, (if you "pause" at 38 seconds) but my son's frame has 2 flat cross brackets between the upper frame tubes. It looks like there was a small triangle shape tank mounted there...

Last edited:
I got this Power-Dyne awhile back.
It does have a brake caliper bracket on the left side. No pegs.

My questions are;

What model?

Year?

Who has a tank?
Info on Powerdynes are sketchy at best, built in Pawtuckett RI. I own two of them. One is the "Rail" chopper, the other is a hardtail similar but different to yours(see post http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/278193-post55.html )....same front forks, same tank mount....mine still has the cool little gas tank on it but is missing the shround that went over it that made it look like a "real cycle tank"....rear frame is different, notice how my axles is behind the frame tube while yours is inside...you have the same disc brake bracket as my "Rail" chopper...my mystery roller has a drum brake...the Rail had front mounted solid pegs, the roller I have has folding center mounted pegs...the "Galaxie" shown above looks like it has the same bottom tubes as yours but a different configuration of the top tubes (narrows to the front, tank on engine) interesting to see all the variations, the only orig brochure or ad I have ever seen is for the chopper......
the other wacky thing is the brochure for the chopeer shows a "Galaxie" decal on the front plate.....was Galaxie a model..or a series of models....? :shrug:

Last edited:
I had a killer old Galaxie awhile ago that I traded to another member here. It was so kool with the whitewalls and the patina. But its in a good place right now :thumbsup: But if that member ever wants to get rid of it, I better be first on the list. :laugh:

Last edited: