Problems

Newbie problem...

At high speeds my chain throws, wtf?

I've got it tight enough, everything is lined up.... Chain is ok it's not a new chain but.......it works any ideas?

Only at High speed...I can almost tell when it's gunna throw I can like hear some crazy :censure: underneath me my chain.....I've got another bike that goes an easy 55 mph an all is good.....

Everyone has easy problems but I Cannot figure this one lol

Often with non pre stretched chains and a 6.5hp engine you can get uneven stretch and if you get it on a stand you can tell if that's the issue. Rotate the tire and feel the chain outside periodically to see if it gets tight and loose both in the same spot, if so you need a better chain. Hope that solves it but if not take off the chain and rotate the wheel to see if the sprocket is off center or warped. That would be what I'd do. Good luck with it.:thumbsup:

Yeh...sprocket is dead center lazer cut:weld: witch mounts on a 4 bolt pattern bought from OldMiniBikes... Same with the sprocket, I'm betting it's the chain simply cause its some chain I had left over that was old and I didn't throw away, so it's got some wear on it but I just wanted to get my newest project rolling ya know? It's just annoying when I'm rolling at full tilt and pop goes the chain.....:censure::doah: ....but check this out... I went an bought a new #35 chain from a motor cycle part shop and I could not get the master link to fit I broke all of them plus all the extra ones I had...I ended up throwing the NEW CHAIN at the garage wall so idk ether I'm doing something wrong or the chain and the links aren't gunna work ...with each other