Project doodle bug

does the engine run well? .. Vintage cool and would power it nice ..don't know what bikes you already have..the frame just another db30. ..i like them,but its not old..i sez if you weld, cut off good peg on weld another pipe or old bolt like repaired side has on and slide rubber hose over pegs..paint it..ride it..unless you want to put old motor on older bike of like age and want a hot rod ..buy pred hemi..

Engine runs, but I'm sure it needs some TLC. I might clean it up and see what it needs. I guess some fresh paint on it and an overhaul isn't out of the question. The frame is ok except for the foot peg and a missing rear fender.

My friends and I have moved our pegs back for more of a "sports mode"..there's a ton of aftermarket bolt on foot pegs out there. I would cut the other side off. As for the engine..if it runs well keep it for a cruiser; if your going to want more power I would swap it out.

Stitch

I had the same problem sorta..

I bought an old Lil Indian in poor shape and made a Rat bike from it. I put in a 212cc Predator and
found the foot pegs were too narrow to get my feet on them since the engine was so wide. My solution was to cut and adjust the old pipe to the lengths I needed and welded generic motorcycle folding passenger foot pegs inside the pipe. Worked out perfect. I found a reasonably priced set on eBay.
AS BOUGHT 1.jpg pegs.jpg 1116161357.jpg

I've decided to use the 5hp Briggs that came with it. Mainly I want to rebuild it because it's winter and I like doing it. I think I'll wait for the spring to repaint the frame. I guess I have some time to think about the foot pegs too.