Project.....M-5....Build Off

drheilman

Trailer surgery, no wait, GO-ped butchering!!!! with Dr. Heilman

I dont know about you but I hate Go-peds. Thats why I took a preverse pleasure in hacking this one up. One less go-ped on the road. The world is now a better place. In any case, If You have read My first project post You would notice a 20 quart cooler on my parts list. Its going on the new trailer/swap meet parts wagon. (my old red wagon has proven to be toooo small for the swap meets lately) I should go into great detail about every cut, weld, and hole i did, but I'm too lazy .....so here it is. Take one dead go-ped, one dead go-kart (with flimsy roll cage) cut weld grind and TAAAAAAAAAAAAA-DAAAAAAAAAAA new mini bike trailer for the Ice chest and ?????????(i'll tell you later)?????? I wasent able to finish it yet.. you will have to wait. I will say it is strong enuff to carry a VW motor.....

Last edited:

drheilman

Trailer part 2

Finally, I got some "mini time" in this weekend. I chopped up a old washer to use for the floorboard and welded in the other side pipe.

Last edited:

den35

Nice combo!:thumbsup:

Does the bike pull that wagon well with a loaded cooler?

Nice touch with the weedwhacker powered blender.:clap:

Make mine a double!:wink:

Last edited:

drheilman

forgot to post this...

Seat surgery.....Went down to the junkyard and cut the leather out of the back seat of a 2002 Jetta. I dont think its ever been sat on. A little time on the old Singer model 27, an old shelf for the base...Taaa Daaaa....recycled seat

Last edited:

drheilman

Thanks Den.... I have to charge You 10 cents for that double I hope thats Ok. Wildman...:lol::lol::lol:You let the cat out of the bag, That was going to be My next build. I guess now I have to build a western themed Bonanza for Hos and the boys at the Bonanza Ranch.....:doah:

delray

looks good:thumbsup:, i like the rear gas tank setup:wink:
:scooter:.........some video of it running would be cool:thumbsup:

drheilman

Sorry no video Delray, I still haven't even put gas in it. The gas tank came off a old "Whacker" Pavement pounder. The blender works great !!!! I did haul it out for a few final photos in the sun......Presenting once again My class 2 entry, made from 90% recycled junk and other crap I had laying the shop: McCullochs' Mini Mobil Margarita Machine. "it blends in seconds".......Oh I almost forgot...TAAAHHH-DAAHHH

Last edited:
drheilman, nice little rig you got going there, total investment? you going to keep it or sell? I'd give it a 10 thumbs up!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
dave

drheilman

Thanks guys, Dave as far as total investment, Not too much I really did make it from old parts . The only parts I bought new were fenders, bearings, chain and some hardware. My biggest expense was spray paint. ALOT of spray paint! Im going to be hanging on to this one,:drinkup::drinkup::drinkup::drinkup::drinkup: its soooo functional. Ill break it out for biker week, Hot August nights, street festivals. Ill charge 5$ for a tall one then.... Oldsalt; I mounted the fenders to the axles, The front one was tricky because it had to float with the suspension. The rear was a pain. It too has to float fwd/bkw and somehow still fit in between the chain-frame, yet still be removable to change the tire. I did it this way because I didn't want to weld fender brackets to the frame.

Last edited: