Question for KBS8BALL

KB2ROCKET

I was looking at your repro. heathkit seat on Ebay then I went over and picked up my original heathkit seat to compare them
then a thought came to me I wonder if KBS8BALL does restoritive work to seats mine has most of the staples coming loose the piping is starting to come loose and it has a small hole on the top and its a little dirty not to bad for almost 38 years in the hands of kids :)
if you dont have one of these seats at your diposal fixing mine would give you a chance to study an original or maybe even figure out a way to reproduce the Heathkit logo thats on the back ( I dont think the heathkit company will mind much at this point) Im not asking you to do this free I just thought I would throw it out there
just in case I find another boonie frame cuz I think this one is going to have a cast iron tractor seat from now on leaving me with a kick stand a back tire and wheel with brakes a nice set of fenders and this original seat
just pondering out loud :)

kbs8ball

I have a nice original on my boonie. thats how I made my pattern...its to intricate of a logo to make a tape stencil with..I mean I can cut it out no problem...but removing and re applying poses a problem...silk screen is the only way to do that logo or I would have already done it...I might be able to fix your seat but if it has a hole in it I cant fix that, unless you want a patch on it which looks ridicules. other than the logo and the heat pleats my seats the same..actually its better !!

KB2ROCKET

yep your right just thought Id ask :)
its not a real big deal to restaple the seat and tuck the piping in and clean and armorall everything the hole is about 1/4" I can baseball stitch it
and the truth is am not going to do anything with it other than put it in the garage
I must say that I do like the seats you make some day I need to try to make a seat I think it would be very rewarding
happy holidays

kbs8ball

A quick easy fix for the piping...remove cover...turn it inside out...use your desk top stapler and blast a row of staples wheres it coming apart...no sewing necessary:thumbs:

Some of the upholstery on those factory seats was pretty iffy...there was a lot of really crappy foam used...my butt pounded the pan on a lot of them...

I think Kenny's 'reproductions' are actually improvements...my butt loves Kenny's seat.

Last edited: