Rare bonanza mx front brake

I finally found a bonanza with the super rare front brake option. It was out of state and a member and good friend Todd (ttheobald) picked it up for me. Me and Bill (slywilliez) actually went in on the bike and we were both nervous because it was over a week until Todd was able to drive up to the city to get the bike. I can't believe it was still there. Luckily it wasn't listed as a bonanza and had been repainted. I noticed the front brake as soon as I seen the craigslist ad. I've never even seen a real photo of a front brake. I also want to thank Mike (ding ding) for offering to pick it up but his work schedule conflicted with the sellers. Anyway enjoy.

capguncowboy

That's a nice bit of information. I like hearing about these ultra rare parts. You should do a full write up on it with lots of pictures and details

Here's another super rare complete bonanza nos 2 speed setup I just got in the mail yesterday. I love when people misspell or leave out the word mini bike in their listings. A regular bonanza nos clutch cover just sold for $450 after shipping earlier today.

Last edited:

capguncowboy

Here's another super rare complete bonanza nos 2 speed setup I just got in the mail yesterday. I love when people misspell or leave out the word mini bike in their listings. A regular bonanza nos clutch cover just sold for $450 after shipping earlier today.
That's how I got all of those Cat grips a couple of years back. He had them listed as Gran Turisrmo or something like that. That two speed looks awesome! Perfect condition!

Great photo of the front brake set up, thanks. I have a 1510MX In Australia I'm trying to build up and I'm looking for any photos info on the front brake set up and the foot operated rear brake set up? Ive only ever seen details in a book but photos were black and white and of poor quality so difficult to make out how its set up? Does anyone know if the 1510MX's were sold with the foot brake as an extra add on same as the front brake? Or was this some after market item? Bonanza's were never delivered to Australia and I've had to import the parts slowly! The only info i have is from the web. At last i found this site! I will down load some photos of my bike as soon as i figure out how to do it?

Welcome buzby. It's nice to see a member from down under. I will help you out the best I can. You have great taste choosing a bonanza. I believe you bought your bike from a friend of mine.

Hi Aaron purchased a nice Bonanza off Tom thats probably who you mean? He was a huge help going out of his way to assist me with getting the bike all the way home here in Melbourne Australia . I had much earlier purchased a 1510MX frame and forks off Ebay, the frames OK but the forks had been bent and some attempt at straightening them was easily visible? Not sure if Bonanza forks are repairable once they have been bent but ill see what i can do with them? But i still needed wheels and all the other missing items of course, and then i met Tom and he sold me the complete rolling bike which is Great. Just need a motor and exhaust and the right seat now i guess?
Unfortunately Bonanza's were never delivered to Australia? We had Tas Keystones, Grad Prix's and quite a few other brands of the traditional style minibike back then but nothing as trick as the Bonanza. We used to read about them in magazines and dreamt of owning one? Especially the 1510MX !
Stumbled on this site and amazed at the info, help and bikes members have, Fantastic!
Keep on riding! Buzby