rare rupp

capguncowboy

I can't say I've ever seen that before. I wonder if it was used at the factory for transporting parts or people ?

Were they mass produced? Prototype?

I don't know the story on the rupp maybe someone does. Looks like it's grafted with a ridge runner. I have another picture though. image.jpeg

Last edited:

Rupp 72

They were made around the same time as the dart cycles and ridge runner. Notice the tail light and ID badge similarities. They were produced for the publick. I'm blanking on the name right now but have a ad saved somewhere that meantions it. I'll find it.

They were made around the same time as the dart cycles and ridge runner. Notice the tail light and ID badge similarities. They were produced for the publick. I'm blanking on the name right now but have a ad saved somewhere that meantions it. I'll find it.
That would be great. I'd love to see it. Betcha not too many out there.

Rupp 72

1965-ish... Rupp Karrier. The ID badge, SK-70... K stands for Karrier and 70 for 7 horse power, i'm not 100% sure about the S but i am guessing that means Standard... or maybe "single"

Check out the drive system!... It's an all in one drive system, rupp referred to it as a "single unit" which might also be what the "S" stands for. It is a very rare duramatic 20A transaxel.

Last edited:
Hi Guy's I am the one that has the RUPP KARRIER. They were built in 1964-1965 about the same time Mickey started the Sno-Sport line.

RUPP KART 001.JPG IMG_4057MA35214161-0001.JPG 12108246_424680141073407_2867091942447997776_n.jpg RuppKarrier-2.jpg RuppKarrier-1.jpg

Hi Guy's I am the one that has the RUPP KARRIER. They were built in 1964-1965 about the same time Mickey started the Sno-Sport line.
Man I knew you were a member on here but I tried every search I could think of and couldn't find your old post. I had no idea it was called a Rupp "Karrier"

http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/go-karts/79058-rupp-dart-kart-carrier.html#post691656

Very cool machine can't be many of those left. Nice job on the restoration too. Where did that old photograph come from ?