Re-Chroming spoke wheels

copyman

Just curious if anyone has had success using the chrome paint that is sold? Some with mirror finish. One process is to first use a primer, then black base coat, and finish with the chrome paint. There are several different kinds online. Would be great if it worked but have my doubts since no one mentioned it here.

Triley41395

Just curious if anyone has had success using the chrome paint that is sold? Some with mirror finish. One process is to first use a primer, then black base coat, and finish with the chrome paint. There are several different kinds online. Would be great if it worked but have my doubts since no one mentioned it here.
Haven't tried any chrome paint but I did have some manco rims done with chrome power coat. I sandblasted them and had them done as is. They would have probably looked better if the surface was smooth. Screenshot_20220723-180625_Gallery.jpg

Gatecrasher

As others mentioned the bulk of the cost to having wheels re-chromed comes from the prep work. Chrome shops are very hesitant to take on work where the customer says they don't want to pay for show-quality because sure enough some would complain anyway.

The good news is that if you do get your wheels re-chromed, they will be a lot nicer than they ever were from the factory. The polish job will be nicer and the chrome will be a lot better. Way better.