Recording of first ride of summer on my scrambler build

Minimichael

Got this one goin today on a VM22 (125 main, 25 slow, leaner needle) and was excited to test my lights and some other accessories. Anyway, thought I'd share some pics and a test video I made...

Attachments

Minimichael

Better than ever, and I even upgraded to a wider intake hose (1.125" ID) to accommodate a VM22. I believe the secret is a lean needle that can consistently respond to the signal while maintaining a gradual delivery. I believe this elbow manifold has about the same volume as the intake cycle itself, and I'm thinking maybe the pre-readiness of the charge sitting in the hose ready to go has something to do with the bike's performance. It's responsive, torquey, and strong all the way up the rpm scale. Some might remember my times with a VM20 last summer. I had that one dialed in, too, with lean needle and main jet, and richer pilot, but that one couldn't hack it in late summer once the humidity got too high. I'm hoping this VM22 is better suited for late summer. It ran great today, so we'll see.

Minimichael

On the accessories testing... The new electrical set up works as designed, though it's taking some getting used to with all the switches and signals and horn now. Gotta train myself not to inadvertantly hit that horn button so often. Neighbors must think I'm getting desperate for attention.