Repro Cat Switch Plate?

Has anyone made reproduction switch plates for HPE cat bikes? I don't want an original since the bike is nowhere close to original. I just don't have the means to make one. Any substitutes?

capguncowboy

As far as I know, no one has produced duplicate plates. The small ones should be pretty easy to make though. The big ones -- those are far more complex

GustoGuy

Too bad there is not a site dedicated to these HPE Cat bikes. I agree it can be very hard to find good quality used parts for a good price on Ebay. After 40 to 50 years most of the parts are extremely deteriorated from age and wear and difficult to find. I am restoring my own classic Rupp Roadster 2 and I agree with you about it being very hard to find parts.

Has anyone made reproduction switch plates for HPE cat bikes? I don't want an original since the bike is nowhere close to original. I just don't have the means to make one. Any substitutes?
I made one similar with thin aluminum.
Wasn't too hard.

Attachments