Resurrecting an old project

Pretty nice ..... you're doing a great job on the bike. Have you decided on a color scheme yet?
Yea it will be a multi color paint job, I actually just finished the body work on the forks and got them primed tonight, tomorrow I will start on the frame. Anyways the Frame will be white, If I can get it mixed up in a rattle can I want pearl white but I will see what I can do. The forks legs will be gold and the plate and handle bar riser will be black or silver Input on that would be nice since I cant decide, and the fenders will be black as will the bars.:smile:

Now that is COOL!! You'll have that low slung feel when riding...:thumbsup:
The seat is at the upholstery shop right now it will be done some time this week, the top of the seat will ride parallel with the top frame tube so I wont be riding to low.

Thanks for all the input everyone, It keeps me going on my build:thumbsup:

Yea it will be a multi color paint job, I actually just finished the body work on the forks and got them primed tonight, tomorrow I will start on the frame. Anyways the Frame will be white, If I can get it mixed up in a rattle can I want pearl white but I will see what I can do. The forks legs will be gold and the plate and handle bar riser will be black or silver Input on that would be nice since I cant decide, and the fenders will be black as will the bars.:smile:
Okay, so the fork legs are going to be gold, and the frame will be white? Maybe you should shoot the triple trees over in white to match the frame. Risers should be black to match the handlebars - silver wouldn't look right, unless you decided to do the forks in silver instead of gold. Chain/clutch guard (I'm assuming you're going to put one on there) could also be in white, and a perfect place to letter the bike's name in gold with black trim, in keeping with the overall color scheme of the bike.

You don't have to take any of these suggestions on painting, but I thought I'd offer a few ideas.

thanks for the Ideas, the bike wont have a chain guard, Im trying to still get pics from my camera to upload onto the computer but its being stuborn, I got the frame and forks all smoothed out with bondo and sanded, so todays job will be sanding the primer down smooth with 600 grit it will probably need another coat of primer and more sanding before I decide to paint it.:gunsmilie:

Remember, light color topcoat requires a light color primer underneath ... otherwise you'll have to put at least a second and probably third topcoat on it. Looking good so far, can't wait to see the end result.

I mentioned the chain guard out of safety ... had my pants leg sucked into one too many spinning gears and whirling chains.

Another thing on safety: looks like most of your weight will be over the rear wheel. That could make it into a wheelie machine ....... been there, done that.

Nice to see a young man doing a project minibike instead of living in front of the TV playing video games! Great work! I like the frame and seatpan, very cool! And those forks are heavy duty! Keep up the good work, I am looking forward to seeing it finished!:thumbsup:

lol.. Right right.. OR sittin in front of the computer like us old farts, watching someone ELSE do a project. :lol: Thats the best part of the website.. :thumbsup:

Bike looks great man.. :wink: Thats a pretty wild build for a kid.. You're going places for sure. It takes talent to do that kind of stuff and you seam to be doing a very good job of everything you do. :thumbsup:

Ratbike

lol.. Right right.. OR sittin in front of the computer like us old farts, watching someone ELSE do a project. :lol: Thats the best part of the website.. :thumbsup:

Bike looks great man.. :wink: Thats a pretty wild build for a kid.. You're going places for sure. It takes talent to do that kind of stuff and you seam to be doing a very good job of everything you do. :thumbsup:
I thought you were a kid,,,,:thumbsup: Thus "Restore kid":doah:

Ok finally some updates..... I got my seat back and its beautiful cost me 50 bucks to have it foamed and covered I made the seat pan. I'm also ready for paint after about 5-6 hours of bady work, lets just say there was alot of bondo and many coats of primer and sanding. I changed my plans on the color Im going with a gold from Duplicolor, the paint scheme I had before was to overwhelming with all the different colors so the bike will be gold with black bars and foot pegs. I also got my sealed high speed bearings for my wheels that are installed, the bike should be finished this week :punk:

The forks look bad in the pics, that was after the first coat, since then theres been about 5 more and lots of sanding there really smooth now showing no scratches. I'm hoping to paint it today:thumbsup:

Ratbike

Wow!!!!

NICE JOB! CAN'T EVEN TELL ITS THE SAME MINI!!!! Amazing what a nice paint scheme will do.....:thumbsup::gunsmilie: