rollin down the street

i saw a couple kids pushing this old minibike down the street today,ask them how much they wanted for it .the one kid said i'll take $40 bucks for it. what the heck i dont need another project but couldnt pass it up for that. so ,what is it ?

Yep, Bird Wren or Sears Runabout built for Sears by Bird manufacturing. Looks like an early Bird Wren due to no extra gussets at the neck.

Last edited:
any idea on the year ? what size engine did these come with ? also who gets the best answer,the one who names the manufacturer or specific model ? thanks guys..

The member who got both the make and model generally has the best answer I would say. Wrens were made from the late 50s to the late 70s possibly later. The early ones barely resemble the one you have, those started in the early 60s maybe 62-63. I've had several over the years and other than the offset rear wheel they are terrific bikes, too much top speed and they are sketchy to ride but 35mph and under you are fine. Make sure the brake works well, Clark manufacturing makes a replacement pad for it. He is a Vendor here.

The member who got both the make and model generally has the best answer I would say. Wrens were made from the late 50s to the late 70s possibly later. The early ones barely resemble the one you have, those started in the early 60s maybe 62-63. I've had several over the years and other than the offset rear wheel they are terrific bikes, too much top speed and they are sketchy to ride but 35mph and under you are fine. Make sure the brake works well, Clark manufacturing makes a replacement pad for it. He is a Vendor here.
thanks outlaw,this bike doesnt look like it was riden that much,still has what i believe are the original goodyear tires on it.the back ones a slick from the scrub brake :eek: . from simple toms brochure picture,it looks like it came originally with a tecumseh ? :shrug:

markus

i saw a couple kids pushing this old minibike down the street today,ask them how much they wanted for it .the one kid said i'll take $40 bucks for it. what the heck i dont need another project but couldnt pass it up for that. so ,what is it ?
Is that spider gear on the bottom of the headtube bolt:shrug: